i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good morning everyone,

Here's my dilemma. I want to restore a saved back up from TimeMachine onto my new motherboard based system using a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H motherboard and an Intel i7 4790K

Using Unibeast, I restored a saved complete system backup from TimeMachine. Then using Unibeast I try to launch the restored Mavericks installation and I can't get to the desktop using any of the common boot flags. A screen shot of where it hangs is below.

I have successfully done a clean install of Mavericks 10.9.4 on the above system but I have tons of things I need from the old setup, hence the need to restore.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Hang.jpg
    Hang.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 90
Good morning everyone,

Here's my dilemma. I want to restore a saved back up from TimeMachine onto my new motherboard based system using a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H motherboard and an Intel i7 4790K

Using Unibeast, I restored a saved complete system backup from TimeMachine. Then using Unibeast I try to launch the restored Mavericks installation and I can't get to the desktop using any of the common boot flags. A screen shot of where it hangs is below.

I have successfully done a clean install of Mavericks 10.9.4 on the above system but I have tons of things I need from the old setup, hence the need to restore.

Can anyone help?

Perhaps your Time Machine backup has overwritten the system files of your new install ?

Actually, restoring the entire system from TimeMachine is supposed to overwrite everything, it's a complete restoration.

Are you attempting a fresh install to a system using a new board with a Time Machine backup created on a system that used a different board ?

Yes, I backed up my system in TimeMachine using my old Gigabyte board, then installed the new Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H board. I then booted into Unibeast, attempted to boot the existing install but no luck. So using Unibeast, I reformatted the HD, restored the system from my back up. I then rebooted into Unibeast, attempted to open the restored install to apply Multibeast, and it hangs on boot up. I can't even get to Multibeast to apply settings for the new board. I hope it's clear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back