Contribute
Register

Can't get to BIOS anymore (black screen after CSM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Aorus z370 gaming 2.0
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello good people,

My old DVI-connected monitor was working fine. The 4K I just got shows no signal via DP and no signal or a purple hue (depending on the port) via HDMI.

Someone on the forum had luck by disabling CSM in BIOS. That didn't help in my case. Worse, I can't even get back into BIOS anymore!

Screen is black where before I had the gigabyte logo, "press F..." prompt, and later clover options. It only comes to life at the os login.

Pressing delete or F2 might be getting me into bios because the boot is interrupted, and I don't get to the os login, but I can't be sure because the screen stays black.

How can I get back into BIOS to re-enable CSM?

(and, any ideas how I can then get my new monitor to work via DP?)

I've also tried physically removing the drive with the OS, so in theory it should force the computer into BIOS since there is nothing to boot, but the screen remains black. The same monitor that works after os login doesn't work before os login. I'm wondering if there is anything else I can try?

That came to mind, but the bios was updated. And, I'm afraid of breaking my Golden Build if I do a reset.

A CMOS reset resets the BIOS settings to default and you can set the correct options again and your system should continue to work afterwards.

I have to do this occasionally (by shorting the Clear BIOS jumper while disconnected from power or removing and reinserting the battery on the motherboard) to troubleshoot and configuring the BIOS options correctly afterwards always works.

@Jamesbond007
Thank you. I will give this a try after work, if connecting it to a tv doesn't light up the screen (read here about someone with a dual boot having to do this).

Your current build looks very similar to mine. Have you any tips you can share on getting the 4k monitor to work via DP?

@Jamesbond007 thank you, this did solve my initial problem :)

UPDATE: The cmos reset helped me get back into bios.
I followed @cmn699 's post (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/black-screen-after-apple-logo.165527/post-1049502) to restore the BIOS settings, but now after the clover interface, I see the apple loading graphic, then a black screen.

I need some help getting my monitor to work. Any ideas?

@MODS: Should I start a new thread?

If your problem is now concerning the black screen, then yes, you should open a new thread in the relevant forum.

This is same issue with me, i just build 2nd hackintosh, with 9700kf and z390 aorus pro gigabyte and nitro rx580 sapphire, csm disabled and no post even bios not appear, change other monitor still same result, my advice is try other vga such gtx, i will try tomorrow with this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back