Contribute
Register

Can't get thunderbolt to work with UAD Apollo Twin in Windows OR macOS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-Designare
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
Intel 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, so everything else with my first build is fully functioning, booting to MacOS Sierra successfully (yay!), except for thunderbolt (as far as I can tell, I only have the one thunderbolt device to test with).

So far, I've installed the TB drivers and enabled the ports through the utility from Gigabyte's website, the TB BIOS settings are available and set. I've also downloaded and installed the Apollo Twin drivers and software, but the device isn't showing up in either OS.

What's weird to me is I'm pretty sure Windows recognized the Apollo when I was first plugged it in, one of those "new device detected" popups in the corner, but that was using the original BIOS. After flashing to BIOS version 21, no dice. Neither Windows or MacOS will acknowledge anything is plugged in. Either as an audio device or PCI or TB device.

Anyone have any ideas?

System: Mobo: Gigabyte GB-z170-Designare
CPU: Intel 6700K Graphics: integrated
RAM: Corsair Balistix Sport 4x8GB
Other: UAD Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt sound card/DSP accelerator.

TB BIOS settings:

TB Support: Enabled
TB Boot support: Disabled (tried both)
TB Detachable graphics support: Disabled
Skip PCI OptionRom: Enabled (tried both)
Security Level: User Authentication
Reserved Memory: 256
Reserved PMemory: 32

All other settings are the recommended ones from the installation guide.

Edit: FIXED! Rolled back to BIOS version 20, ran the thunderbolt enabler again, and changed TB security level to "No Security" Everything works on reboot.

Last edited:
Hi I have a similar setup as you and is having a lot of problems getting my UAD Apollo to work, Can you please share your refi folder with me? thanks

Hey guys, so everything else with my first build is fully functioning, booting to MacOS Sierra successfully (yay!), except for thunderbolt (as far as I can tell, I only have the one thunderbolt device to test with).

So far, I've installed the TB drivers and enabled the ports through the utility from Gigabyte's website, the TB BIOS settings are available and set. I've also downloaded and installed the Apollo Twin drivers and software, but the device isn't showing up in either OS.

What's weird to me is I'm pretty sure Windows recognized the Apollo when I was first plugged it in, one of those "new device detected" popups in the corner, but that was using the original BIOS. After flashing to BIOS version 21, no dice. Neither Windows or MacOS will acknowledge anything is plugged in. Either as an audio device or PCI or TB device.

Anyone have any ideas?

System: Mobo: Gigabyte GB-z170-Designare
CPU: Intel 6700K Graphics: integrated
RAM: Corsair Balistix Sport 4x8GB
Other: UAD Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt sound card/DSP accelerator.

TB BIOS settings:

TB Support: Enabled
TB Boot support: Disabled (tried both)
TB Detachable graphics support: Disabled
Skip PCI OptionRom: Enabled (tried both)
Security Level: User Authentication
Reserved Memory: 256
Reserved PMemory: 32

All other settings are the recommended ones from the installation guide.

Edit: FIXED! Rolled back to BIOS version 20, ran the thunderbolt enabler again, and changed TB security level to "No Security" Everything works on reboot.
Can u post ur dsdt (for usb, cpu, igpu(?)) and config.plist ?(I want to see what I'm doing wrong - can't get fully working usb and igpu) ive got the same MB

Strange for me but when I connect a USB device using an adaptor in the second USB 3.1 port and restart my Hack then my UAD Apollo would suddenly connect.what I do not understand is why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back