Nvidia Geforce 9800gtx+
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Tony is a problem please help me I can not make a sound VIA VT1708S @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1]. Tried to put Universal VoodooHDA 2.8.8 but after he made the emergency stop (turn off power) stopped, tried to reinstall from MultiBeast, not work.:banghead: Help please
Снимок экрана 2016-01-18.jpg
sorry for my English:oops:

Were you able to get the Audio working in ASUS P7P55D-E LX on El Capitan ?
If you were successful please let me know how you did it.
It has the VIA VT1708S Audio Controller and not the Realtek.
I am trying to do this for a friend on the same motherboard.
I have tried a number of Vodoo drivers without any success.
Anybody else has any idea about this ?

Styler

Couldn't make the audio work either... My mobo is Asus P5Q-SE2, it uses VIA VT1708S codec, too... I already tried editing the VoodooHDA.kext, put in the device ID but it still won't work... Were you able to make it work already?

Hello, I edit this kext with compatible device id "0x3b568086" working on P7P55 LX El Capitan, try.

Update Volume slider FIX (This kext also work on 10.12, 10.13)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2559-05-31 at 2.24.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2559-05-31 at 2.24.41 AM.png
    802.2 KB · Views: 2,555
  • VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    160.2 KB · Views: 1,606
  • Screen Shot 2560-12-16 at 12.32.00.png
    Screen Shot 2560-12-16 at 12.32.00.png
    923.4 KB · Views: 2,390
Last edited:
Hello, I edit this kext with compatible device id "0x3b568086" working on P7P55 LX El Capitan, try.

Hi! I had the same issue as alexbirtch was, but thanks to you allmost all problems are gone :) Unfortunately vol up, and vol up doesn't work as they were intented to ;( Right know i can set the volume only with physical knob.

hello how do you change that for the via 1708 Asus p5q se2 on Sierra & how to you remove all other audio kexts that have been installed prior to installation

Hi! I had the same issue as alexbirtch was, but thanks to you allmost all problems are gone :) Unfortunately vol up, and vol up doesn't work as they were intented to ;( Right know i can set the volume only with physical knob.
Edit info.plist line in contents foler of file (false or true)

<key>NodesToPatch</key>

<array/>

<key>Noise</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>Vectorize</key>

<true/>

<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfMicVolumeFix</key>

<true/>

<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix</key>

<true/>

<key>VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix</key>

<true/>

<key>VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix</key>

<true/>

<key>VoodooHDAVerboseLevel</key>

<integer>0</integer>

Same problem overhere. soundcard via 1708B not visible in Catalina under system. With voodoo 2.7.2 in Clover/kext folder, sound works but its sound is disturbed. Strange however is that the sound is good when i use the onlineradio in Firefox. Safari also gives me disturbed audio on same channel. IORegistryExplorer shows the card under AppleACPIPCI.

The problem of disturbed audio was solved in the audio/midi configurattion. I put everthiing on 16 bits and 48.000. Wonderfull sound now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back