Radeon 5770 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

Finally got my build up and running but am totally struggling with audio, must have reinstalled the system 4 times tonight trying to get it going, using multibeast 3.03 on p55-ud5

/brain aches :D

Should have said, I'm using the f10 dsdt from this very site.

Just tried rollback = doesn't work
Then voodoohda 72 = crashes on startup.

Strangely it works on iBoot, but only the headphone socket at the front.

Am I the only person with this issue? I'm totally at a loss and out of ideas, almost at the point of giving up again.

Don't make me install windows I beg you! :D

CrispyXUK said:
Am I the only person with this issue? I'm totally at a loss and out of ideas, almost at the point of giving up again.

Don't make me install windows I beg you! :D
Did you use your purchased retail Snow Leopard Upgrade disc for the install? What options are you using in MultiBeast? Are you making sure to rebuild caches after install? Can you list the contents of /E/E?

Hi there!!

This is installed from a standard SL install disc. I've got macmini and macbook install discs too if you think that will help?

Sorry, can't list e/e folder as I formatted in a fit of rage, been doing this all night.

Do you think the DSDT could be at fault?

userdsdt
ALC8xxHDA
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
RealtekR1000SL
32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No
ATI_init vevet

Rebuild & Repair

I've noticed my bios if f6 (DSDT is f9 or f10), but there's no way of upgrading it without windows.

VoodooHDA will kernel panic if any other audio kexts are left in place in /Extras/Extensions/ or /System/Library/Extensions/ so make sure you've removed the other audio kexts like AppleHDA.kext and LegacyHDA.kext.

also maybe check this post and see if these files will work for you.
viewtopic.php?p=65051#p65051

Tried that, no joy :(

Could it be a BIOS setting? About the mac just says intel audio 885.

Cheers.

Got a friend to do it in the end, bit late now, so I'll do a fresh install (again!!!) in the morning.

Do you guys think the HDMI audio on my 5770 card may be ****ing this up somewhat?

Cheers for the help so far.

So close, but yet so far way :D

Woah guys!!! It Works!!!!!!

Updated the BIOS, but also used kabyls ATI bootloader instead of vervet kexts.

I'm a happy man, thanks for your help guys, you're all stars!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back