CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After upgrading from HS to Mojave I've been experiencing this issue: stuck at login screen after cold start with the power button. No keyboard/mouse input (at Clover 5099 OS selection menu - macOS/Win - everything works fine). After hard reset (that is, pressing the RESET button) the login screen might work OK, might not. In this case I'de have to repeat the RESET procedure 3-4 times before I could login properly.

Same might happen at random after system restart: either stuck at login after apple logo progress bar is complete or stuck at apple logo with 0% progress bar. Only RESET button would help.

Never had any such problem with HS. Later Clover builds are very unstable with my rig: some work, some can't get past OS selection menu.

Please find attached the list of EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. SMBios is set to 14,2 (Ivy Bridge concern if it matters). Asus Sabertooth Z77/stock i7-3770K/32GB DDR3/Gigabyte RX 560 4GB.

UPD: Came ascross a post where it was advised for Mojave installation to keep important kexts in L/E but leave FakeSMC only in E/C/k/O as a mandatory one. I've rebuilt the kext cache, cleared the user and system caches (just in case), restarted the system - voilá! The rig is working like it should!

Keeping my fingers crossed and gathering statistics to finally mark this thread as solved.

UPD 2: Seems like moving AppleACPIPlatform.kext to L/E along with other kexts (except FakeSMC.kext) killed my sleep. Moved it back to E/C/k/O - sleep is working. I'll test the rig more to see how it behaves under different scenarios.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 20.21.57.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 20.21.57.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
After upgrading from HS to Mojave I've been experiencing this issue: stuck at login screen after cold start with the power button. No keyboard/mouse input (at Clover 5099 OS selection menu - macOS/Win - everything works fine). After hard reset (that is, pressing the RESET button) the login screen might work OK, might not. In this case I'de have to repeat the RESET procedure 3-4 times before I could login properly.

Same might happen at random after system restart: either stuck at login after apple logo progress bar is complete or stuck at apple logo with 0% progress bar. Only RESET button would help.

Never had any such problem with HS. Later Clover builds are very unstable with my rig: some work, some can't get past OS selection menu.

Please find attached the list of EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. SMBios is set to 14,2 (Ivy Bridge concern if it matters). Asus Sabertooth Z77/stock i7-3770K/32GB DDR3/Gigabyte RX 560 4GB.

Hi there.

A couple of things to try:

1) Check your ACPI patches folder and make sure what you have is appropriate to Mojave.

2) Perhaps try VirtualSMC as an alternative to FakeSMC.kext.

If nothing helps then upload your EFI folder for us to check - redact or remove your personal serial-number from config.plist etc.

:)

SOLVED!!!

Thank God the system now works like a charm. SMBios 14,2. E/C/k/O – simply downloaded latest FakeSMC from git, the rest of the necessary kexts are in the L/E for caching (so I'm told). Sleep/wake works. Wi-fi/BT — never bothered.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 10.59.35.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 10.59.35.png
    989.4 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back