Graphics
550ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently updated to 10.8.2. I ran multibeast and my system seems to boot fine, but when I get to the login screen I can't login. If I type in the wrong password it obviously rejects it, but when I type in the right one the screen goes white for a second and returns to the login screen. I can boot into safe-mode fine, but can't boot into single user mode. In single user mode it won't let me type anything. I tried booting without caches, no luck, creating a new account, no luck, repairing permissions, no luck, doing a clean install, no luck after I update. I'm at a loss here and can't seem to find anything on the site or google that helps. Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem. safe mode works but a normal boot just has an infinite loop at the login screen. any news on a fix for this?

I still have no idea, been searching for an answer for quite sometime. Hopefully someone comes along with some ideas.

I suspect it has something to do with the graphics drivers though.

I'm going to try this below, I'll let you know how it goes...

gensalvador28 - September 21st, 2012, 01:51 AM
Update from 10.8.2 literally killed my hackintosh. Can't boot unless using safe mode command. Did a quick fix by removing the OemSmbios.kext located /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ work awhile but my hackintosh is not as stable as before. Downloaded 10.8.2 from app store and made new OS X Mountain Lion USB Install Disk using Unibeast.

Installation went smooth, (i did not use any commands at all). Installed latest chameleon, multibeast (FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins ->Motherboard Plugins)and other necessary stuff for my system. Rebooted, and voila! It can't boot.

Reinstalled OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Unibeast, it also went smoothly (again without any commands). Installed saltest chameleon the again run multibeast but this time (FakeSMC/FakeSMC Plugins->Motherboard Plugins!!!!!!UNCHECKED!!!!!) and other necessary stuff for my system . Rebooted voila! Successful! Everything worked smoothly. No patches performed other than Chameleon & Multibeast. Graphics worked Out of Box, Dual Display worked Out of Box. Ran prime 95 for 11 hours, no crash or screen freeze. No

The only downside is you have to reinstall every software again. But for a rock solid 10.8.2, i think it's worth it.

Hope this can help to others with the same build.
Video Card: EVGA GTX 560Ti 1GB FPB
SSD: 120GB Corsair Force 3 Series/128GB Kingston Hyper X 3
HDD: 1TB WD Green
PSU: OCZ ZT-650
Case: Antec P280
Cooling: Noctua NH-D14
Monitor: 2 x Samsung SMBX 2450

I updated unibeast and did a fresh install with a new user account. Still the same login issue.... PLEASE HELP! :(

I'm still stuck with the login loop too. I wonder if its because the NVIDIA drivers don't list 5xx as supported? even though people say the drivers work for them. This is my first hackintosh so I don't have a previous version of OSX to use on it. My computer is essentially useless until this gets figured out. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back