CPU
Ryzen 9 5950X
Graphics
GT 710 (RTX 3090)
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am trying to boot catalina. A made a bootable USB with opencore 7.2 and 0.6.6 after that. Both times I am getting this error;

error.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated.

specs;
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII EXTREME
Nvidia GT 710
Ryzen 5950x
Nvme SSD

added EFI folder with text dumps.

Attachments

• opencore-2021-09-08-215457.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 88
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Last edited:
Now you see the importance of the forum rule that you should put your hardware specs in your profile.

The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for or your latest system. Since they are viewable under your avatar they need to kept as small as possible and limited to one system only

Where did you get your SSDT-EC.aml? I see it was generated using Corpnewt's SSDTTime script. Did you create it from your systems DSDT.aml?

You might be better served using the generic SSDT-EC-USBX.aml linked in the OC AMD desktop guide.

You have FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext in your /OC/Kexts folder but do not have the FakePCIID.kext (helper kext) that is required when using any of the FakePCIID add-on kexts. This helper kext is essential if you want the i225 Ethernet port to work.

Neither of the IntelBluetooth kexts have an enabling entry in your config.plist, so these two kexts do nothing for your system.

Your config.plist has the Kernel > Scheme section mixed with the Kernel > Patch section.

Screenshot 2021-09-09 at 14.46.26.png Kernel > Scheme section highlighted in Red

You have not edited your AMD patches to reflect the number of Cores (16) present in your CPU.
There are up to three patches that need to be edited to reflect the number of cores you system uses, as explained in the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2021-09-09 at 14.52.01.png AMD Patch edits for CPU cores.

You don't need the nvda_drv_vrl=1 boot argument for your Nvidia GT 710, as it is natively supported in macOS.

You are using the iMac14,2 SMBIOS with the Kepler DGPU, as recommended in the OC AMD Ryzen guide. You should not have posted a copy of your config with the MLB, ROM, Serial Number and SystemUUID visible. I would recommend you generate a new SMBIOS for your system and stop using the one in your config.plist.

Where did you get your SSDT-EC.aml? I see it was generated using Corpnewt's SSDTTime script. Did you create it from your systems DSDT.aml?

You might be better served using the generic SSDT-EC-USBX.aml linked in the OC AMD desktop guide.

You have FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext in your /OC/Kexts folder but do not have the FakePCIID.kext (helper kext) that is required when using any of the FakePCIID add-on kexts. This helper kext is essential if you want the i225 Ethernet port to work.

Neither of the IntelBluetooth kexts have an enabling entry in your config.plist, so these two kexts do nothing for your system.

Your config.plist has the Kernel > Scheme section mixed with the Kernel > Patch section.

View attachment 528588 Kernel > Scheme section highlighted in Red

You have not edited your AMD patches to reflect the number of Cores (16) present in your CPU.
There are up to three patches that need to be edited to reflect the number of cores you system uses, as explained in the screenshot below.

View attachment 528590 AMD Patch edits for CPU cores.

You don't need the nvda_drv_vrl=1 boot argument for your Nvidia GT 710, as it is natively supported in macOS.

You are using the iMac14,2 SMBIOS with the Kepler DGPU, as recommended in the OC AMD Ryzen guide. You should not have posted a copy of your config with the MLB, ROM, Serial Number and SystemUUID visible. I would recommend you generate a new SMBIOS for your system and stop using the one in your config.plist.
Thank you a billion times for taking the time to look into this with such dedication. You really figured out the details and guided me well on how to fix them. I HAVE BOOTED! :D Thanks again!

Onto the next issue hahah..
Now that I have booted, I click on install MacOS Catalina, and I get an error; Internet connection is required to install MacOS. So clearly my ethernet is not working.. I have made another post for this;

Maybe you can be of more assistance? But seriously, thank you!

You are welcome.

Thank you a billion times for taking the time to look into this with such dedication. You really figured out the details and guided me well on how to fix them. I HAVE BOOTED! :D Thanks again!

Now that I have booted, I click on install MacOS Catalina, and I get an error; Internet connection is required to install MacOS. So clearly my ethernet is not working.. I have made another post for this;

Hi i got the same Motherboard. BUt i can`t make it work .. do u get in the installation process?
can u send me your EFI Folder this might help me out. it would be great.

@Jayz-enrico Your AMD system needs a compatible graphics card. The RX 6700 XT is not compatible with macOS. It is not supported in any version of macOS. So using the OP's edited EFI folder would do you no good.

You need to swap out the RX 6700 XT for a compatible card before you consider Hacking your AMD Ryzen system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back