Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
can't get to installer/ blackscreen EVGA X58/GTX580

I'm using the Unibeast ML usb installer, but when I get to the chameleon screen ,just before it turns to the apple loading screen, the screen turns black and restarts. I've tried all the boot flags & nothing works. I've even tried taking out my GTX 580 and trying with my GT 9800 and same issue. please help would like to get 10.8 working.
thanks

bumb.

anyone?

comon people, someone has to have a fix for this.

I experienced this once. I resolved the issue by following these steps.

With the computer off:
> Insert UniBeast 1.5.3 USB stick and power on
> (if gigabyte) press F12 to bring up boot menu
> Insert ML USB key before selecting the USB-HDD option
> Load the Mountain Lion USB stick from the boot loader and all should work.

If this doesn't work for you, please boot in verbose mode and let us know what it says. i.e. Where is it stopping?

To load in verbose mode: at boot loader screen press the down arrow key to select verbose. Use left and right keys to select drive.

Hope this helps.

can't get past boot loader screen EVGA X58 GTX 580

That is excatly what I do and I get to the screen where you type in boot flags and when I boot in verbose mode it loades everything and the screen turns white and then shuts down and restarts no matter what flags I use (Ex. PCIrootUID=0) I've tried every possible combo of boot flags but nothing works.

I have the same board as you and first tried installing hackintosh by copying a previous install and patching it with extensions in the extras path.
No matter what I did the monitor always turned black/blank and then the computer restarted after loading all the kext's had finished.
I downloaded the latest unibeast loader today and installed the mountain lion installer onto a usb, and mountain lion installed fine.
I had some trouble getting the system to boot with the dsdt going around but I managed to get it working ok so far by using the instructions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/67266-success-evga-x58-3-sli.html

hi,
i am using the same board latest bios.and running sucessfully with OSX snow leopard,lion,mountain lion and Widows 7 and windows 8.i just use unibeast and minimal bios settings.the only thing is not working is sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back