Contribute
Register

Can't get past Apple grey loading screen (Mavericks) (I have Verbose info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi fellow pilgrims,
Everything was going so well. I had used Chameleon Wizard to change my SMBios in an attempt to gain a better WiFi connection. It seemed to work.

Then I had the problem of my screen res. changing, and some kind soul pointed me in the right direction - enabling the Graphics Mode dropdown list in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Though after making these changes in Chameleon Wizard, video files stopped being able to play with a picture (sound only)... and now I find I can't boot up in normal mode, as it just hangs at the Apple grey loading screen.

I found one guy (prodigy21) who experienced a similar problem, and found a solution (http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/113598-mavericks-graphics-issue.html#post691266), but he has a different build and a Graphics card - I don't (onboard only) and I don't want to risk making things worse before checking on the forum.

I can boot up in Safe Mode -x
I cannot boot up in normal mode

When I boot up in Verbose mode -v ...this is what I see (blue text is the same code experienced by prodigy21 in the above thread link):
IMAG0182.jpg
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200
VM Swap Subsystem is ON
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
USBF: 6.754 The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (HubDevice)
USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): AAWSRT0C2Z7TB346 0x5dc 0xa81d 0x1100, 2
Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 581
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

This is the content of my various files edited in Chameleon Wizard (and the file names in the Extra folder):
Extra folder.png

screenshot ChamelBoot.png
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

screenshot smbios.png

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G8814AL35J4</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks for reading

Are you using DDST-free for Multibeast? Your motherboard supports UEFI so you don't need a DDST.

Hi Leon, thank you for replying. :)
No, I opted for the first option, EasyBeast ... because at the time, I wasn't sure which option to choose, and EasyBeast seemed like a good option for the lesser-informed newbie.

Has some of the info in my failed (Verbose) boot code, revealed something to you about this?

Got past Apple grey loading screen. Set to 'DSDT Free'

Update:
Following your question about the DSDT settings as an avenue worth exploring, I have explored and struck gold it seems.

I have set MultiBeast to DSDT Free and my machine now boots up without any major issues...
Thanks.

The only problem I tend to experience is my screen turning into a snow storm if I leave it for too long. I can only assume this has something to do with the graphics settings, or the relationship between the Hackintosh and the monitor in some way.

What do you mean "snow storm"? Are you talking about artifacts on your screen?

Hi leon, thanks for replying.

snow storm = looks like an old analogue TV when you pull out the arial and lose the signal.
Screen doesn't go black... just fuzzy / millions of grey flashing dots etc.

Like this:
snowy_screen.jpg

Toby39

In reading these posts in your treads... and looking at that snow storm.

It maybe that we have a poor connection between the monitor and the DVI port on the computer.

Or a bad cable. Especially if you "wiggle" it !!!

Suggest using another cable. If you have some sort of VGA / DVI adapter I suggest that we do not use anything like that. We want a true digital connection.

Other issues could be that the connectors on either the monitor or the motherboard have poor grounds which cause the snow.

What I learned in over 25 years of computer support is that video cables and their connections are the 'missing link" - especially when they meet - male female points like in life ... loose pins--- pushed pins --- bent or kinky pins... So I suggest a new cable.

Toby39

In reading these posts in your treads... and looking at that snow storm.

It maybe that we have a poor connection between the monitor and the DVI port on the computer.

Or a bad cable. Especially if you "wiggle" it !!!

Suggest using another cable. If you have some sort of VGA / DVI adapter I suggest that we do not use anything like that. We want a true digital connection.

Other issues could be that the connectors on either the monitor or the motherboard have poor grounds which cause the snow.

What I learned in over 25 years of computer support is that video cables and their connections are the 'missing link" - especially when they meet - male female points like in life ... loose pins--- pushed pins --- bent or kinky pins... So I suggest a new cable.

Thanks Totenkopf4. I would like to use HDMI, but unfortunately my monitor only takes VGA and DVI.
I am using DVI at the moment... with no adapter cables, just one cable 'DVI male - DVI male'.

I will try VGA.
I haven't used this with my hackintosh before, because I know that this is older technology.

Will post back and let you know how I get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back