Graphics
Nvidia GT 220
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
after selecting USB in chimera boot screen when trying to get to the ML installer, it loads up to the apple logo boot screen but then doesn't go any further, the progress circle just spins and spins. I tried the various different boot options but none worked, anybody else having this problem or any ideas on the next step i should take?

My System:
Intel Core i5 760
Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H
Nvidia GT 220 Graphics Card
10GB RAM

Did you update Chimera?

same problem here, updated to newest chimera, but still hangs on apple logo

I'm in the same boat, I think?

After making my UniBeast USB drive, I restart and boot to USB. No problem. Then I install over my old partition. No problem. Then when I reboot using USB and try to boot into my new Mountain Lion partition, I get an infinite spinning circle on the white Apple logo screen. Eventually a small crossed out circle comes up and the screen gets a bit darker (but keeps spinning).

I've tried a number of fixes

i am testing another version, i think my install file is corrupt. will let you know if it works.

I had a similar problem, but was able to figure out that even though it was hanging at the Apple logo screen, I could see the full desktop if I used Screen Sharing from another Mac. I could also get to the desktop by using the "GraphicsEnabler=No" flag.

My solution was replacing the stock ATI6000 kexts and running Disk Permissions, and now it boots fine with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

My System:
Intel Core i5 2500k
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
ATI Radeon HD 6850

thanks mate, GraphicsEnabler=No worked fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back