Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z490 Designare
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Vega 64
I've got a clean install of Yosemite 10.10.5 on a brand new system. Specs are as follows:

Asus Z97-A 1.3 Motherboard
Intel i7 4970k Processor
EVGA GeForce GTX950 Graphics Card
Latest Clover bootloader

I've got OS X Installed and booting up with no additional flags. I downloaded and installed the appropriate nVidia Web Driver but when I select for it to use the Web Driver and restart, it doesn't load it and shows as the OS X Default Graphics Driver being used still upon reboot. If I try the nvda_drv=1 flag, half way through the loading bar at the apple screen the computer reboots itself. I have edited the config.plist to inject intel false and true for nvidia. System information shows nVidia as manufacturer but the Chipset Model is unknown and is showing as 0 MB.

Any ideas?

Inject/Nvidia/False for Nvidia Maxwell GPUs. You have to use the flag nvda_drv=1 to load the Web Drivers which are required for your card.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I've now got it booting up using the nvda_drv=1 flag. But when I select for it to use the Web Driver and restart, it still doesn't load it and shows as the OS X Default Graphics Driver being used still upon reboot. Running on the OS X default driver, system information shows nVidia Graphics 2048mb and not the proper GEFORCE GTX950.[/FONT]

I've now got it booting up using the nvda_drv=1 flag. But when I select for it to use the Web Driver and restart, it still doesn't load it and shows as the OS X Default Graphics Driver being used still upon reboot. Running on the OS X default driver, system information shows nVidia Graphics 2048mb and not the proper GEFORCE GTX950.

The option in the Nvidia Driver Manager is just cosmetic. The card showing nVidia Graphics Device just means that it doesn't have a name associated with the device ID in the driver and is also cosmetic. It usually takes a few driver releases after a new GPU is released before it is properly named is About This Mac.

Thanks for the quick replies. Why would there not be an HDMI audio output option if the nVidia card is being driven properly?

I should also mention despite all my efforts, I can't seem to get the HD4600 graphics to show up or the onboard Realtek audio. This is my first hack running on Clover, so any help is appreciated!!

Thanks for the quick replies. Why would there not be an HDMI audio output option if the nVidia card is being driven properly?

I should also mention despite all my efforts, I can't seem to get the HD4600 graphics to show up or the onboard Realtek audio. This is my first hack running on Clover, so any help is appreciated!!

Can you update your profile with your new system specs? If you have more than one hack then add them both so we can better assist you.

HDMI audio is not supported by the drivers. The old way was to add the HDMIAudio.kext but that is not working properly with El Capitan (device shows up in sys prefs but no audio is output). You can inject your card using a SSDT which should enable HDMI audio from the card. You can use the HD4600 for airplay mirroring, again with a DSDT edit but it does not show up like it does in Windows.

AirPlay Mirroring: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ary-display-airplay-mirroring.html#post721605

Clover Audio: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

Can you update your profile with your new system specs? If you have more than one hack then add them both so we can better assist you.

HDMI audio is not supported by the drivers. The old way was to add the HDMIAudio.kext but that is not working properly with El Capitan (device shows up in sys prefs but no audio is output). You can inject your card using a SSDT which should enable HDMI audio from the card. You can use the HD4600 for airplay mirroring, again with a DSDT edit but it does not show up like it does in Windows.

AirPlay Mirroring: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ary-display-airplay-mirroring.html#post721605

Clover Audio: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

I didn't add it to my profile because it's a computer I'm building for a friend and will
be returning to him once I get it working properly. Here's the full specs:

Asus Z97-a mobo
Intel i7 4970k
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB DDR3-1600
EVGA GeForce GTX950 2GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0
Current install is Yosemite 10.10.5
Ethernet and GTX950 are working

I tried the clover patch method for the audio and couldn't get it to work. I'm not sure if that's because it didn't fix it or if I did it wrong. I read the instructions several times but some of it is hard to follow as I'm learning as I go here with using Clover. I'm trying to make it a full clover boot (no multibeast) for maximum future compatibility with updates.

As far as injecting my card using SSDT that's foreign language to me. I've spent over 20 hours in the past cpl days trying to learn about that and figure out how to do it and can't grasp making sense of it.

There was an SSDT available for my board on rmpgdv but it didn't enable onboard audio or graphics, and broke the GTX950 being driven.

Is there any negative to not solving the hd4600 graphics issue if only the nVidia is going to be used? It will be driving 2 monitors, one via hdmi and one via DVi. Wasn't sure if it was better to plug one into GTX950 and one into hd4600?

I know this is asked often and can be annoying, but any hand holding here to help me learn how this works and so I can utilize effectively would be incredibly appreciated! If I can grasp getting this working, I'd like to convert my main chimera machine to Clover.

I didn't add it to my profile because it's a computer I'm building for a friend and will
be returning to him once I get it working properly. Here's the full specs:

Asus Z97-a mobo
Intel i7 4970k
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB DDR3-1600
EVGA GeForce GTX950 2GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0
Current install is Yosemite 10.10.5
Ethernet and GTX950 are working

I tried the clover patch method for the audio and couldn't get it to work. I'm not sure if that's because it didn't fix it or if I did it wrong. I read the instructions several times but some of it is hard to follow as I'm learning as I go here with using Clover. I'm trying to make it a full clover boot (no multibeast) for maximum future compatibility with updates.

As far as injecting my card using SSDT that's foreign language to me. I've spent over 20 hours in the past cpl days trying to learn about that and figure out how to do it and can't grasp making sense of it.

There was an SSDT available for my board on ********** but it didn't enable onboard audio or graphics, and broke the GTX950 being driven.

Is there any negative to not solving the hd4600 graphics issue if only the nVidia is going to be used? It will be driving 2 monitors, one via hdmi and one via DVi. Wasn't sure if it was better to plug one into GTX950 and one into hd4600?

I know this is asked often and can be annoying, but any hand holding here to help me learn how this works and so I can utilize effectively would be incredibly appreciated! If I can grasp getting this working, I'd like to convert my main chimera machine to Clover.

It is likely you did something wrong with the CloverALC patch. All I can really say is to follow the guides and keep learning. Post in that thread looking for assistance and follow the error reporting. Toleda is very responsive.

There is no negative to not getting the HD4600 working, most people just disable it in bios if they are using a dedicated card.

After several attempts, finally got it to work. For some reason, manually editing the config.plist wasn't working. I learned how to patch the kexts in Clover and that did the trick. Thanks for the help! :)

For anyone else who encounters this and is fairly new to clover, this guide helped me:
https://m.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/397wl1/guide_realtek_alc_8xx_1150_with_native_applehda/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back