i5 > Need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Hey there!

I currently have a copy of Sierra (Not High Sierra) running on an Asus GL551J, but am having a few Post-Installation issues!

The Most Prominent issue being:

1. I cannot properly get either the Intel 4600 or Nvidia 960m to work properly. The Intel Card reads, but only as 7mb.
If I follow steps to override and use the Nvidia card, it changes to: Display - 7mb.

2. I can only (properly) boot using the USB (which is not a big deal to me). If I boot without the USB, the resolution reduces from 1920x1080 to the resolution of a Macbook Air. No matter what I change in the Config.Plist to resolve this issue, nothing changes.

Multibeast doesn't work, I cannot get anything to install from that application so all kexts have been installed manually. The sound is working as well, but no HDMI output, just output to the built in Laptop monitor!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm attempting to add this machine to our Team's workflow on an Film! My config.plist is attached!

Thank you!

ASUS GL551J Specs:
  • Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.6 GHz Processor
  • 16 GB DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
  • 1TB HDD Storage; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW
  • 15.6 inches 1920*1080 pixels LED-lit Screen
  • Windows 8.1 Operating System; Red/Black Chassis

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 184
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

My apologies, thank you for the redirect!

Hey there!

I currently have a copy of Sierra (Not High Sierra) running on an Asus GL551J, but am having a few Post-Installation issues!

The Most Prominent issue being:

1. I cannot properly get either the Intel 4600 or Nvidia 960m to work properly. The Intel Card reads, but only as 7mb.
If I follow steps to override and use the Nvidia card, it changes to: Display - 7mb.

2. I can only (properly) boot using the USB (which is not a big deal to me). If I boot without the USB, the resolution reduces from 1920x1080 to the resolution of a Macbook Air. No matter what I change in the Config.Plist to resolve this issue, nothing changes.

Multibeast doesn't work, I cannot get anything to install from that application so all kexts have been installed manually. The sound is working as well, but no HDMI output, just output to the built in Laptop monitor!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm attempting to add this machine to our Team's workflow on an Film! My config.plist is attached!

Thank you!

ASUS GL551J Specs:
  • Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.6 GHz Processor
  • 16 GB DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
  • 1TB HDD Storage; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW
  • 15.6 inches 1920*1080 pixels LED-lit Screen
  • Windows 8.1 Operating System; Red/Black Chassis

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Thank you for the response, RehabMan!
Unfortunately, I feel as if I followed this guide word by word!

I now fixed the boot issue, and the computer is able to boot properly without USB, but the graphics still read 7mb, and I am unable to do any video editing work because of it.

I've tried some boot flags, I have the NVIDIA Web Driver installed, I've tried using FakeGFX ID's to push the 4600 to read with Accelerated Graphics, but nothing is working!

Any help with that aspect would be appreciated.

I am going to fill out my profile now, thank you.

Unfortunately, I feel as if I followed this guide word by word!

The config.plist you attached in post #1 proves you did not follow the guide.

The config.plist you attached in post #1 proves you did not follow the guide.

I have now completely imitated the Config.plist from your Laptop Guide using the ConfigHD4600_4200.Plist, and the OS will no longer boot.

I get to the Clover Bootloader and there is no option to boot my hard drive

I now removed the HFS command that was in Disable Drivers via Clover, and the Hard Drive is booting again, but still no luck on Accelerated Graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back