CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT710
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Symptom: On being asked to restart there is a period of drive activity, but the computer never restarts. After manually shutting down and restarting there is no option for a partition to install the update in Clover. I've waited several hours before rebooting.

Things I've tried: update via App Store and standalone
Updated clover to 4586 (latest on this site) and 4741 (via Clover Configurator).
Installed while running latest Nvidia driver and built in.
Probably a few other things I'm forgetting...it's been like 20 attempts.

Only thing left I can think of: open case and unplug bootable clone, just in case.

Any hints, thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I am also looking :)
I'm testing boot partitions, after installation in mac OS.

Last edited:
You launch the installation of the Mac App Store. Then you restart.

BOOT PC CLOVER :
- 1 Install on the preboot partition.
- 2 Start the partion that appeared.
- 3 Your partition.

And update Webdriver :)

You launch the installation of the Mac App Store. Then you restart.
As I said, I tried starting the installation from both the App Store and the standalone installer. I was able to get to the point when the installer asked me to restart
BOOT PC CLOVER :
- 1 Install on the preboot partition.
- 2 Start the partion that appeared.
- 3 Your partition.
At this point the screen went black, but the computer never restarted (even after 3+ hours); manually powering on and off resulted in the same 3 partitions I always have in Clover: MacOS, Clone, and Recovery.

I don't know why it didn't work installing to the booted volume, but as I said above able to install it by booting to my Clone volume, running the installer, and selecting my MacOS volume (there was no restart involved, other than the reboot to switch back to my MacOS volume.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back