Graphics
GeForce GT640
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone, got a frustrating one here.

I finally managed to get set up with RAID 0 SSDs on my Hackintosh (2 x Samsung 850 Pro 128GB) and I got everything working swimmingly with integrated graphics (4600 on 4770, Gigabyte Z97m-D3H).

I'm on 10.10.3 so I proceeded to download the Nvidia web driver (newest version). It installed fine, I selected 'Nvidia Web Driver' in the menubar dropdown, restarted, and damnit. It froze at the grey boot screen. When I use -v to take a look at what's going on, it halts on '[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed'

Just for experimental purposes, I yanked out the GPU but it still halts in the same place using integrated graphics.

I've tried a few suggestions from various sources in terms of boot flags but I either get a crippled bootup with the card recognised as 5mb video adaptor or it halts here. I haven't tried every fix I've read about because half of them sound fairly destructive and I want to find the proper fix.

Just as a final note, I've specified that I'm using a RAID 0 setup because this further complicated certain processes as I've experienced and it often just gives up at the first hurdle and can't find the kernel at all.

Hope someone can help me!

Last edited:
What boot loader are you using? Did you set kext dev mode boot flag for unsigned kexts? Sounds like it's the nvidia web drivers since your integrated graphics will not work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back