Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't get graphics acceleration from Intel UHD 630 of i3-8100 on mojave 10.14.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @ammulder,

Thanks

You gave a giant list of the things you tried, and then sent a debug file with a config.plist that says iMac14,2 -- which was NOT on your list (nor has it worked for me in Mojave).

The debug file you checked was for high sierra 10.13.6
If you wanna check for mojave then please check post no #26
All the time I get unknown cpu model 0x9e error maximum time though I'm using i3-8100 and whenever I opened Intel Fb patacher 1.6.7, 1.6.8, 1.6.9 or 1.7 I get ??? in CPU generation & 0 MB video memory. Also in the connectors tab active port for display is showing blank.

Still I tried a framebuffer patching which you also find on post 26 though it didn't include hdmi connectors patching.

As I said eralier I went for vanilla installation both for 10.14.2 & 10.13.6 and installed only latest Lillu+WEG. Still the fb patcher can't detect anything.

So somehow whatevergreen is failing to load or applying patch.

In the debug ZIP in post #26, your config.plist has a bogus value for IntelGFX (too many digits), and no ig-platform-id set, so it's no wonder you have graphics problems.

The config.plist I posted in #50 has a legit ig-platform-id, and it worked for me on an i7-8700. It's probably worth a try.

In the debug ZIP in post #26, your config.plist has a bogus value for IntelGFX (too many digits), and no ig-platform-id set, so it's no wonder you have graphics problems.

The config.plist I posted in #50 has a legit ig-platform-id, and it worked for me on an i7-8700. It's probably worth a try.

Thanks I will definitely try.
Actually I also attached another file named config_fbpatcher.plist along with the debug zip file on that post. Can you look into that also please. The one with intelgfx value you checked is used to just boot as without intelgfx I can't boot

Hey @CaseySJ,

I was following your new guide

1. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dmi-black-screen-problem.269149/#post-1886885
2. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...k-with-intel-uhd-630-on-i3-8100.268270/page-4

And generated some HDMI patches.

Before I start, I must tell you that after vanilla installation of Mojave 10.14.2 & latest LiliU+WEG the fb patcher 1.7 still shows ??? in cpu generation section & 0 MB video memory. Also I was using a second monitor to check which port is active.

My Asus Prime H370-Plus have 3 video ports.

i> VGA
ii>DVI-D
iii>HDMI

So I connected the primary display to VGA and booted the computer then I ran FB-Pathcer. Interestingly, there is no highlighted red on any rows. its just looks like this:

Then I added my second monitor to HDMi port and surprisingly any rows didn't turn red. I didn't check the DVI-D port as I was eager to get a HDMI output. Will this be a problem?

Though I tried some combinations to generate the patches.

Row 1: BusID 0x05, Type VGA
Row 2: BusID 0x04, Type DVI
Row 3: BusID 0x06, Type HDMI

Row 1: BusID 0x06, Type VGA
Row 2: BusID 0x04, Type DVI
Row 3: BusID 0x05, Type HDMI

Row 1: BusID 0x05, Type VGA
Row 2: BusID 0x06, Type DVI
Row 3: BusID 0x04, Type HDMI

I also attached the config files based on HDMi bus id. But still display goes off. Can you please check out If anything wrong in those files? Also if there are other combinations I can try?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• config_fbpatcher0x04_HDMI.plist
    9.1 KB · Views: 100
  • config_fbpatcher0x05_HDMI.plist
    9.1 KB · Views: 74
  • config_fbpatcher0x06_HDMI.plist
    9.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
@poles

If the "AppleIntelFramebuffer" is not attached to the UHD630, then none of the rows will light up in red. To check this, you can run IORegistryExplorer and navigate to "IGPU" in the tree on the left side and look for "AppleIntelFramebuffer". If this is missing, then our first task will be to address this problem.

Because your motherboard uses the 370 chipset, I wonder if we can assume that certain video connectors will be the same between different 370-based motherboards.

For example, HDMI output on the Gigabyte H370M-DS3H works with this framebuffer configuration:
Code:
Row  Index  Bus   Pipe  Type
1     1    [0x06] 18    DP
2     2    [0x05] 18   [DVI]
3     3     0x04  18    HDMI
4    -1     0x00   0    DUMMY

So if we assume that your HDMI port is also in Row 3 and DVI-D is in Row 2, then we can try the following and connect your HDMI cable when booting up. Others (using different motherboard) have reported that VGA does not seem to work when the AppleIntelFramebuffer is enabled.
Code:
1     1     0x02  18    VGA
2     2     0x05  18    DVI

And an alternative configuration would be:
Code:
1     1     0x05  18    DVI
2     2     0x02  18    VGA

By the way, are you able to boot from the Nvidia graphics card? I know it's not supported in Mojave, but a default (non-accelerated) VESA graphics driver should still render it operable.

If so, I would recommend doing the FB-Patching with your primary monitor connected to Nvidia.

Last edited:
If the "AppleIntelFramebuffer" is not attached to the UHD630, then none of the rows will light up in red. To check this, you can run IORegistryExplorer and navigate to "IGPU" in the tree on the left side and look for "AppleIntelFramebuffer".

Thats the main problem... the "AppleIntelFramebuffer" section is not appearing from the beginning no nmatter what Lilu+WEG version or SMBIOS I try. It just looks like this...though its a little bit old upload.

By the way, how you are interchanging the bus id whereas the HDMI bus id is same in all cases for that H370M-DS3H. Are those for DVI and VGA also? I asked this for better understanding. Kindly if you elaborate a little bit that will be great. Thanks

Last edited:
By the way, are you able to boot from the Nvidia graphics card? I know it's not supported in Mojave, but a default (non-accelerated) VESA graphics driver should still render it operable.

If so, I would recommend doing the FB-Patching with your primary monitor connected to Nvidia.

I will try that if I'm able to grab a card.

Based on another forum member who has a very similar Asus Prime H370M-Plus, please try the attached config.plist.

Row 1: Index 2, BusID 0x02, Type HDMI
Row 2: Index 3, BusID 0x04, Type HDMI <-- assumes HDMI here
Row 3: Index 1, BusID 0x01, Type DP

Some of this does not seem to make sense, but worth a try due to success on the H370M-Plus Prime board. These changes are included in the attached file.

Attachments

• config_fbpatcher-rev-B.plist
    8.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
@CaseySJ ,

Thanks. I will try that. But tell me one thing, without the "AppleIntelFramebuffer" section on ioreg, will those patches work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back