Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't get graphics acceleration from Intel UHD 630 of i3-8100 on mojave 10.14.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Previously I also install lilu and it's plugins on /L/E, some versions work but some not, to prevent this issue, better install it on Clover/kexts/Other.

Since all kexts in /L/E are placed at the top of the kernel cache there is no need to use LiluFriend

Most of time will work but no guarantee lilu and it's plugins will work correctly.

Hey @jaymonkey @shuhung

Update 1:

I went for a vanilla install of Mojave 10.14.2 with the latest Clover_v2.4k_r4813. Only kept FakeSMC & USBInjectAll kext on EFI/kexts/other. Installation successful.
On post installation, didn't use Multibeast, installed latest Lilu+WEG on /L/E

1. Tried to boot with blank IntelGFX & blank-ig-platfrom-id after kextcache cleaning. Display goes off & failed.
2. Booted with IntelGFX->3E918086 and opened Intel FB-Patcher 1.7.0. Surprisingly still ??? in Intel generation section & 0 MB graphics.
3. Tried the same config_fbpathcer.plist which is working mentioned by @shuhung. Display goes off.

Tried SMBIOS 18,1/2/3 & Macmini8,1

2nd Senario:

Went ahead further. Vanilla installation of High Sierra 10.13.6 with the latest Clover_v2.4k_r4813. Installation successful.

On post installation, didn't use Multibeast, installed latest Lilu+WEG on /L/E
1. Tried Intel FB-Patcher 1.7.0 but still

2. Tried kaby lake spoofing. Followed this. No success.

Attached the High Sierra 10.13.6 debug files.

And the whole time maximum time I get unknown cpu warning.

Also didn't find anyone succeeded with Mojave or High Sierra 10.13.6 in tonymac86x, insanlymac.

Conclusion: Asus Prime H370-Plus isn't compatible with with i3-8100 (only iGPU) on Mojave & High Sierra 10.13.6

Update 2 (01-14-19): I was wrong this motherboard is compatible but only with accurate connectors patch. Check this.

@tonymacx86 @RehabMan If you guys somehow manage to test this motherboard with i3 CFL, it will be helpful.

Attachments

• debug_21786.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Conclusion: Asus Prime H370-Plus isn't compatible with with i3-8100 (only iGPU) on Mojave & High Sierra 10.13.6

@poles,

Hummm I guess that is possible but it seems unlikely , real sorry to read that you have no success.

Maybe you should send an Email to Asus explaining the problem. It's my understanding that Asus are very good at reacting to issues reported to them by users of their products.

Hopefully they can address the issue with a BIOS update.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

@poles,

Hummm I guess that is possible but it seems unlikely , real sorry to read that you have no success.

Maybe you should send an Email to Asus explaining the problem. It's my understanding that Asus are very good at reacting to issues reported to them by users of their products.

Hopefully they can address the issue with a BIOS update.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Thanks. I aready upgraded once as I read somewhere Asus H370 series have some issues in hackintosh but still didn't managed to install. By the way did they provide support for hakintosh?

Last edited:
Thanks. I aready upgraded once as I read somewhere Asus H370 series have some issues in hackintosh but still didn't managed to install. By the way did they provide support for hakintosh?

@poles,

i'll doubt that they will offer specific support for MacOS so as not to rattle Apple .. but maybe if you explain what you think is wrong in a generic way they might be able to look at the issue.

I would also recommend you try contacting the developers of WhatEverGreen as the issue could just be that it does not support the UHD 630 IGPU on CFL i3 on Asus H3709 very well or maybe a bug ?

I'm sure that a solution could be found ....

Cheers
Jay

Tried the same config_fbpathcer.plist which is working mentioned by @shuhung. Display goes off.

If run 10.13.6 (17G4015), change SMBIOS to MacMini7,1 which does not need WEG on 10.13.6, your config_fbpathcer.plist also work on 10.13.6 but need change SMBIOS to MacMini7,1, iMac18,x will screen flickering, MacMini8,1 not supported on this OS version.

Remove WEG from /L/E first run below before reboot
sudo kextcache -i /

Attached config.plist base on your config_fbpathcer.plist, only change SMBIOS to MacMini7,1.

Attachments

• config poles.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 79
If run 10.13.6 (17G4015), change SMBIOS to MacMini7,1 which does not need WEG on 10.13.6, your config_fbpathcer.plist also work on 10.13.6 but need change SMBIOS to MacMini7,1, iMac18,x will screen flickering, MacMini8,1 not supported on this OS version.

Remove WEG from /L/E first run below before reboot
sudo kextcache -i /

Attached config.plist base on your config_fbpathcer.plist, only change SMBIOS to MacMini7,1.

If I remove WEG then what graphics related kext should be installed?
I tried with @RehabMan 's FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics, IntelGraphicsFixUp, Shiki, Lilu along with modded AppleIntelKBLGraphics & AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer kext. Same result.

If I remove WEG then what graphics related kext should be installed?

It means remove all lilu and it's plugins from /L/E, install it on Clover/kexts/Other, search for Lilu discussion topic from below link, English or Russian site, you will find out why not to install Lilu and plugins on /L/E.

https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu

Latest Lilu 1.3.1 may fix loading from /L/E issue, but may not guarantee it's plugins also work properly, unless you are absolutely necessary install it on /L/E, otherwise install it on Clover/kexts/Other is better.

Previously upload config will not work on 10.13.6 (17G65), UHD630 need version 17G4015.

Attached config change to SMBIOS iMac14,2 (from your ioreg file), add HDMI FB patch, work fine with both 10.13.6 and 10.14.2

Attachments

• config poles iMac14,2.plist
    8 KB · Views: 75
@poles, I'm coming into this thread quite late, but I'm confused. You gave a giant list of the things you tried, and then sent a debug file with a config.plist that says iMac14,2 -- which was NOT on your list (nor has it worked for me in Mojave).

I've attached a config.plist that worked for me in Mojave with a i7-8700 CPU and integrated graphics with a DisplayPort connection to the monitor. (I used Lilu and WhateverGreen with it.) For your i3-8100 CPU, it should be the same graphics-wise (they both have a UHD 630). So you might put some proper Macmini8,1 SMBIOS numbers in there (see where it says FIXME) and then try this config.plist and add Lilu and WhateverGreen to CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and see if that gets Mojave going. If you're using HDMI, it's worth switching to DisplayPort (even with a DP-to-HDMI adapter or cable) just to get it running, at which point you can use the procedure CaseySJ posted to get the HDMI working.

Attachments

• config-generic-9x-igpu.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back