Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't get graphics acceleration from Intel UHD 630 of i3-8100 on mojave 10.14.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @jaymonkey.

The image of FB-Patcher in your OP shows that you are using iMac14,2. As stated in the Lilu guide, for Coffee Lake CPU you should really be using iMac18,3 (or you could try the new Mini Mac SMBIOS 8,1).
Actually the screenshot of FB-Patcher in my OP is a little bit old. At the very beginning I started with 14,2 but later I used iMac18,1 or Macmini8,1. I will try to use 18,3 from later on.

PlatformID 0x3E9B0007 is for desktop mac with 3 active DP ports, if you have HDMI or DVI then you'll need to change the connector config using FB-Patcher to genearte the Device Properties.

Noted.

Also as stated in the guide remove ALL Clover IGPU related patches and injections in the Devices and Graphics sections of your config.plist, your OP would suggest that you are using Clover to set some IGPU related keys which will conflict with WEG and could be the source of the KP's.

Previously, I only installed the latest Lilu+WEG for framebuffer patching but I was getting KP with SMBIOS 18,1/2/3 or 8,1 along with blank FakeID or valid FakeID. I only able to boot with a invalid FakeID like 0x12345678 & valid FakeID 0X3E918086(but along with invalid ig-platform-id like 0x5912000).

I tried to use Shiki, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics along with Whatevergreen despite of knowing that it may not work. Though I didn't tried framebuffer patching in this case(just trying with blank IntelGFX, blank ig-platform-id & Inject Intel to false). I proceeded this way because my previous build (also framebuffer patching not needed) which I upgraded from 10.13.4 to 10.14.1, I used all those kexts unknowingly and somehow it worked.

Also make sure to use Lilu version 1.3.1 .. there was an issue with 1.3.0 that stopped it working with 1.2.X plugins which could be the reason why FB-Patcher did not detect your CPU/IGPU correctly.

May be that's why I was getting kernal messages like this whenever I used WEG:

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x9e

I will keep in mind all those things and try again. Thanks again.

Last edited:
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x9e

@poles,

Hummm the unknown CPU model being reported is not good so i can understand why your having issues, so I guess you may well need to Spoof the CPU as a supported one although generally the "unknown CPU model" is more of a Warning rather than an Error.

Make sure you apply the HECI -> IMEI ACPI Fix/Rename detailed in the prerequisite section of the WhatEverGreen section of the Lilu guide.

Did you try injecting the Device Property "device-id" as well as "APPL,ig-platform-id" that might help with the IGPU issues, its detailed in the Lilu guide linked above .. set the Option in the Advanced tab on the Patch page of FB-Patcher.

If your unable to use FB-Patcher then for PlatformID = 0x3E9B0007 inject the Device Properties as :-

AAPL,ig-platform-id = 07009B3E
device-id = 9B3E0000

it may help ...

If you require further help please genearte problem reporting files as detailed in this guide:-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@jaymonkey, I think I am in a situation similar to @poles, and have tried many of the same things, including your most recent suggestion. Is it more appropriate to add my information here, or to start a new thread?

@jaymonkey, I think I am in a situation similar to @poles, and have tried many of the same things, including your most recent suggestion. Is it more appropriate to add my information here, or to start a new thread?

@pcp271828,

Its always best to start a new thread with your specifics rather than hijack anther thread that may have different HW .. etc
Make sure to generate PR files as detailed in this guide:-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Very interesting, CFL kexts or WEG work fine with KBL but not CFL on 10.14.x. Try the opposite way, tricking IGPU as KBL, WEG should work.

Copy and replace USB EFI folder files with attached (FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics modded for KBL spoofing), remove lilu/plugins, fakepciid/plugins from L/E folder.

Hey @shuhung I tried this approach but no luck.

@jaymonkey

Make sure you apply the HECI -> IMEI ACPI Fix/Rename detailed in the prerequisite section of the WhatEverGreen section of the Lilu guide.

Yes. As @shuhung mentioned earlier in this thread.

Did you try injecting the Device Property "device-id" as well as "APPL,ig-platform-id" that might help with the IGPU issues, its detailed in the Lilu guide linked above .. set the Option in the Advanced tab on the Patch page of FB-Patcher.

Yes. I followed your guide & I tried earlier but with device-id = 913E0000. Now I tried with device-id = 9B3E0000 as you requested with SMBIOS 18,1/18,2/18,3 & Macmini8,1. But no changes. I have attached the config file(config_fbpathcer.plist).

I can't boot without blank IntelGFX, blank ig-platform-id. Whenever I boot without FakeID its shows unknown cpu model warning in the kernal log.

I can boot with IntelGFX->3E918086 or 3E928086, blank ig-platform-id & inject Intel->true. Though I don't get any unknown cpu model warning message in the kernal log but also I don't get any acceleration.

One more thing I checked in the kernal log that with using Lilu 1.3.1 & WhatEverGreen 1.2.7 it still failed to load WhatEverGreen in both cases. I think the new Lilu still can't load some of its plugins.

I also found some other i3 CFL users facing the same issue.

Also, here are the some screenshots of fbpatcher & my kexts folder. Tell me if anything wrong.

Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_30484.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
  • config_fbpatcher.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Tell me if anything wrong
You have mismatched FakeSMC.kext in /Library/Extensions and /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other - Should be both the same.
You have mismatched USBInjectAll.kext in /Library/Extensions and /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other - Should be both the same.
Old FakeSMC plugin kexts in /Library/Extensions.
XHCI-300-Series_Injector.kext is superseded by XHCI-unsupported.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext defeats power management.

You have mismatched FakeSMC.kext in /Library/Extensions and /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other - Should be both the same.
You have mismatched USBInjectAll.kext in /Library/Extensions and /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other - Should be both the same.
Old FakeSMC plugin kexts in /Library/Extensions.
XHCI-300-Series_Injector.kext is superseded by XHCI-unsupported.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext defeats power management.

Ok. I will use the same version in both. But does this effect in Graphics?

Last edited:
Hey @shuhung I tried this approach but no luck.

Tested your config_fbpatcher.plist , work for me, pink screen at first boot, apply HDMI FB patch, every thing OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back