i9 9900k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,

I had a stable mackintosh running for years, which I upgraded yesterday.
Previous configuration was on a Z77 motherboard with i5 3570k CPU and GTX 970.

I kept the graphic card (for now...) but changed to an Asus Z90-e gaming with an i9 9900k.
I also changed the SSD, so as of today, I have two running OSX systems.

Let's say it was hard to set up: at first UniBeast wouldn't boot (recent BIOS) so I had to patch ACPI for UniBeast, then the installation froze at 2 minutes (fixed with some driver in clover EFI).

After fresh installation, I put clover with NVRAM. (btw, I also tried without, graphics did not work either)

Now, I'm able to boot on my fresh install no problem, as well as the old install. But on both, the GTX is not recognised...
It's particularly troubling with the old install since it was working just fine yesterday in the old setup. I changed everything but the GPU, and everything works but the GPU... eheh...

Does anybody have a clue what my problem might be ? :/

Nvidia doesn't have proper drivers for Mac except for some old cards. I think you should change your video card.

Hello guys,

I had a stable mackintosh running for years, which I upgraded yesterday.
Previous configuration was on a Z77 motherboard with i5 3570k CPU and GTX 970.

I kept the graphic card (for now...) but changed to an Asus Z90-e gaming with an i9 9900k.
I also changed the SSD, so as of today, I have two running OSX systems.

Let's say it was hard to set up: at first UniBeast wouldn't boot (recent BIOS) so I had to patch ACPI for UniBeast, then the installation froze at 2 minutes (fixed with some driver in clover EFI).

After fresh installation, I put clover with NVRAM. (btw, I also tried without, graphics did not work either)

Now, I'm able to boot on my fresh install no problem, as well as the old install. But on both, the GTX is not recognized...
It's particularly troubling with the old install since it was working just fine yesterday in the old setup. I changed everything but the GPU, and everything works but the GPU... eheh...

Does anybody have a clue what my problem might be ? :/

What is the version of MacOS you are running on your new system?

It is 10.13.6.
Somehow I made it work changing from 18,3 to 18,2.

Dont worry I have other troubles now trying to make my 5K Dell work properly, which will be the subject of another thread :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back