Lenovo 20B6006DUS
CPU
i7-4600u
Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey!

I've recently installed Catalina (10.15) on my 4-year old ThinkPad T440 on an OpenCore-based system as dual boot with Windows 10 on the same drive. I've got everything to work from graphics to brightness hotkeys to internal trackpad, but struggling with getting the dual batteries to work. The battery percentage shows up neither in the menu bar, nor in the settings. I followed the guide from this article, but no success :(

So what I did was rename the notifiers as posted in the guide in the config.plist, copy all the methods from DSDT to seperate SSDT, and then download SSDT-BATC. Saved the first SSDT as SSDT-DBAT, and the other as it is (in the aml format). I've got SMCBatteryManager.kext installed already. But never got the battery manager to work. I'll attach my OC folder down below. How do I get it to work?

Attachments

• OC.zip
    37.9 MB · Views: 53
Hey!

I've recently installed Catalina (10.15) on my 4-year old ThinkPad T440 on an OpenCore-based system as dual boot with Windows 10 on the same drive. I've got everything to work from graphics to brightness hotkeys to internal trackpad, but struggling with getting the dual batteries to work. The battery percentage shows up neither in the menu bar, nor in the settings. I followed the guide from this article, but no success :(

So what I did was rename the notifiers as posted in the guide in the config.plist, copy all the methods from DSDT to seperate SSDT, and then download SSDT-BATC. Saved the first SSDT as SSDT-DBAT, and the other as it is (in the aml format). I've got SMCBatteryManager.kext installed already. But never got the battery manager to work. I'll attach my OC folder down below. How do I get it to work?
Lilu kext needs to be first in your list

XhciPortLimit needs to be disabled after you have setup your usb ports correctly

remove DSDT.aml, shouldn't be used in OpenCore

Try adding ECenabler.kext, may not need your other battery hotpatch files or config.plist renames

@Feartech will try doing that, but my DSDT contains fix for my brightness hotkeys. I am a first-time hackintosh guy and don't know how to put that in a SSDT.

@Feartech will try doing that, but my DSDT contains fix for my brightness hotkeys. I am a first-time hackintosh guy and don't know how to put that in a SSDT.
may need:
instead

Please remove old _Qxx to XQxx ones.
On some models, may be required add ACPI patch _OSI to XOSI and SSDT-XOSI.

@Feartech that's the issue. At first I thought I was doing something wrong. But even after I removed all of the config.plist renames and deleted the DSDT as you suggested, I could not get my other battery to work. To confirm that I removed the external battery from my laptop while it was running and the capacity in the system report remained the same. I'll attach a snip of that. While it is correct about my internal battery, but the other battery (1930 mAh) didn't show up. The battery percentage is working though, but after the internal battery drains, my laptop just dies instead of switching over to the other as it should and does in Windows.
SystemReport.jpg

Attaching a copy of my new OC folder down below.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    37.9 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
@Feartech also, what do you mean by 'remove _Qxx to XQxx ones'? Could also not get my brightness keys to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back