Contribute
Register

Can't get by Chamaleon 2.0 RC5 to get to ML installer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte UD4P
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
GeForce 9500 GT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have tried all the boot options listed in the unibeast guide. Single user, Verbose, Safe Mode, Graphics enabler. Everytime I pick the unibeast USB drive to boot from I get a quick flash of white like the white apple screen is coming up and then the computer restarts. I cloned my Snow Leopard install from another drive and im going to upgrade that to ML to test out apps before copying to my SSD. Any other ideas how to get to the installer?

Same for me! I've tried every boot option, including pci root = 0 and = 1, with no luck. All of my hardware was working beautifully on lion, with native support for everything but ethernet, which I don't use. A list of hardware, if it helps:

ASRock H61M-VS motherboard
Intel Core i5 2300 (first gen, sandy bridge)
4 GB ram
Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 (bios is flashed to 5770 though, for native OS X support. Works fine in 10.6 and 10.7)

No usb stuff is plugged in except for my keyboard and mouse, and I have nothing in any pci slots except my graphics card.

I saw someone else said to install the latest chimaera to fix this. Now when I boot USB the white apple screen will come up and the wheel will spin but right after that the screen turns black like there's no signal being sent to it and it just hangs......?

Sorry to keep replying to my own thread but I want to keep it current for when someone has time to reply to it. I did some research and it seems Apple has stripped geforce support from the mountain lion installer. I have the GeForce 9500 GT and it looks like when I boot in verbose mode there is a problem with an nvidia kext. Which is why right when the ML installer GUI is supposed to come up the screen gos blank and it just sits.......Any idea how I would patch the kexts on the unibeast USB stick to get GeForce support?

You could perhaps copy+paste the correct kext from an existing install onto the installer usb?

I saw on another forum DP2 had the correct drivers but they have been stripped in the final version.....I tried looking through the unibeast usb drive but I cant find kexts or anything so I wouldnt know where to put it even if I could get the right driver.

I found a graphics card my buddy gave me awhile ago cause he wanted me to play Starcraft with him I didn't want to mess with the hack so I never installed it. I thru it in just to see if the installer would work and mountain lion is installing! I don't even know the model number of the card lol its dinky looking compared to my GeForce but I don't play games so If I can get it working good in osx I wont care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back