Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 Advanced-1.05-Clover
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630/RTX 2080, 1920 x 1080
Had audio working previously on layout 3 with ResetHDA enabled. I since started with a fresh config.plist to resolve a number of other issues I was having. I've been unable to get the audio working again. I've tried every layout for ALC298, though I got to admit I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with 0x100101, 0x100103 if anything.

These are the layouts:
Realtek ALC298 0x100101, 0x100103 layout 3, 11, 13, 21, 22, 28, 29, 30, 32, 47, 66, 72, 99 13 (10.9)

I've tried every single one with and without ResetHDA, and with and without SSDT-ALC298.aml and/or SSDT-ALC29a.aml.

Any suggestion as to what I'm doing wrong here?

Attachments

• debug_6333.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 104
Hi.

Can you share your Fix please? Im in the same Situation with ALC298 o Dell 7275

It has been a whlie, but I basically took a list of approved layout-id for my codec and started going down them one by one. So I had to modify the config.plist, save, copy into EFI, restart, see if speakers were working, and then see if audio was working with headphones plugged in. It was pretty time consuming. Eventually I came across 29 as the magic number which works 95% of the time. Occasionally I boot up and neither is working, so I restart and then it works fine... or I just deal with it if I don't need the audio.

This is what I modified:

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 7.05.11 AM.png

It has been a whlie, but I basically took a list of approved layout-id for my codec and started going down them one by one. So I had to modify the config.plist, save, copy into EFI, restart, see if speakers were working, and then see if audio was working with headphones plugged in. It was pretty time consuming. Eventually I came across 29 as the magic number which works 95% of the time. Occasionally I boot up and neither is working, so I restart and then it works fine... or I just deal with it if I don't need the audio.

This is what I modified:

View attachment 441221

This option WORKS for me on T470p High sierra

This is what I modified:

View attachment 441221

Adding the layout-id under properties doesn't make any difference on my Lenovo X270. I already have 29 injected.

What I have found in troubleshooting....

Each time the audio becomes distorted, selecting 'Line In' in System Preferences makes the audio clean again with headphones.

Can someone who is using ALC298 with layout-id 29 verify this?

Screenshot 2020-08-28 at 01.10.24.png

Yep, definitely selecting 'Line In' makes the headphone output clean.

Sometimes it goes back to distorted signal again, but re-selecting it always fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back