Contribute
Register

Can't get ALC298 working

Status
Not open for further replies.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hey! PR Files attatched. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• debug_22200.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 137
Hey! PR Files attatched. Thanks for your help.
No ioreg in the attached debug zip. Please check your files carefully before upload.

@RehabMan

Yeah, thats because of that stupid IOREG dump fail, which does not even give me a somewhat descent description of what went wrong. All I can show you is the following:

Do you know how to fix this issue? Thank you again for your time!
BTW: I tried rebooting, and also let it finish up a few times, this time I just quit out of frustration.

@RehabMan

Yeah, thats because of that stupid IOREG dump fail, which does not even give me a somewhat descent description of what went wrong. All I can show you is the following:

View attachment 390267

Do you know how to fix this issue? Thank you again for your time!
BTW: I tried rebooting, and also let it finish up a few times, this time I just quit out of frustration.

Collect ioreg manually if necessary (refer to the FAQ).
Any bug you find in gen_debug.sh should be reported to its author in the gen_debug thread.

@RehabMan

Collected IOREG manually now. Is everything correct with my PR files?

Attachments

• debug_21785.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 128
@RehabMan

Yeah, so audio is working, the speakers are perfect, but: Every time I want to use the audio-jack after about one minute the sound quality turns into garbage. It sounds very distorted and you can't make out most of the audio.

I've now plugged in my headphones - waited that one minute - and dumped everything again. Maybe you can spot some differences in IOREG, but I think that this is just a common problem with my audio-chipset (especially in osx mojave) :(

Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_10809.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 131
@RehabMan

Yeah, so audio is working, the speakers are perfect, but: Every time I want to use the audio-jack after about one minute the sound quality turns into garbage. It sounds very distorted and you can't make out most of the audio.

I've now plugged in my headphones - waited that one minute - and dumped everything again. Maybe you can spot some differences in IOREG, but I think that this is just a common problem with my audio-chipset (especially in osx mojave) :(

Thanks!

Look into ALCPlugFix.

@RehabMan

I've looked into that some time ago, and now did it again - no result :/. I downloaded the zip which contains the installer, the plist (for autostart I guess), the fix script itself and the hda-verb script.

CodecCommander is installed and I also checked that ALCPlugFix is running in background with ps -elf | grep -i "alc".

Audio still sounds bad after a few seconds of listening... :(

Forgot my PR files from after installing.

Attachments

• debug_720.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 147
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back