Contribute
Register

Can't get ALC298 working

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Feartech

Ok, I did enable ResetHDA, but after a few seconds of a continuous audio stream it turns into s#!t again. Since I've got the ALC298 there are only those few IDs to test, right?

Code:
0x100101, 0x100103 layout 3, 11, 13, 28, 29, 30, 47, 66, 72, 99

What are those two hex-values for, actually? Do I need to insert them anywhere in the config? I will now start with looping through the IDs and testing the sound quality.

So... Only two of the IDs were actually producing good quality in the first few seconds, the rest of them were distorted since beginning. But no ID really worked out :/

Code:
3 - distorted
11 - distorted
13 - distorted
28 - distorted
29 - first few seconds working fine, then distorted
30 - first few seconds working fine, then distorted
47 - distorted
66 - distorted
72 - distorted
99 - distorted

Still stuck with this problem, #push.

Still stuck with this problem, #push.
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

@Feartech

Yeah, so the motherboard and southbridge were missing, right? Anything else? I hope that I've done everything correctly this time.

@Feartech

Yeah, so the motherboard and southbridge were missing, right? Anything else? I hope that I've done everything correctly this time.
laptop make and model goes under motherboard, also missing screen resolution under graphics

just like mine:

<-----

@Feartech

I already had the resolution in there, anyways, I restructured it to make it look like yours. Laptop make and model is now under motherboard.

Anything else? :)

Anyone got a solution to this yet? I've spent some time but still - no result.

Anyone got a solution to this yet? I've spent some time but still - no result.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back