Dell XPS 9700 4K (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-10875H
Graphics
UHD 630, 3840x2400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey!

So... I've attatched my audio dump from ubuntu as a txt file and found out that my laptop contains the ALC298 codec. With an older AppleALC and the Layout-ID 29 it works, but the Audio-Jack sounds extremely weird.

I got the PCI-IDs from this tutorial: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-high-sierra-10-13-6-17g2208-17g5019.264017/

I use PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3), which should be my correct sound address. It also works with the old kext.

My Problem now is: When I update the kext, audio is not working anymore, tried all of those ids: layout 3, 11, 13, 28, 29, 30, 47, 66, 72, 99
I would be fine with the old version, if only the audio jack wasn't buggy...

Has someone experience with audio in particular and can help me out?

Thank you!

Attachments

• alc_dump.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 119
Hey!

So... I've attatched my audio dump from ubuntu as a txt file and found out that my laptop contains the ALC298 codec. With an older AppleALC and the Layout-ID 29 it works, but the Audio-Jack sounds extremely weird.

I got the PCI-IDs from this tutorial: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-high-sierra-10-13-6-17g2208-17g5019.264017/

I use PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3), which should be my correct sound address. It also works with the old kext.

My Problem now is: When I update the kext, audio is not working anymore, tried all of those ids: layout 3, 11, 13, 28, 29, 30, 47, 66, 72, 99
I would be fine with the old version, if only the audio jack wasn't buggy...

Has someone experience with audio in particular and can help me out?

Thank you!
Use the tool here and upload your problem reporting files:

Hope that this will do, had some problems with dumping IOREG so it made a generic dump only... I don't know how to fix this issue, sry. :/

Attachments

• debug_23779.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 122
Hope that this will do, had some problems with dumping IOREG so it made a generic dump only... I don't know how to fix this issue, sry. :/
you may want to enable these:

Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
                <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>

if it still doesn't work, then you may want to try different layout-id's

@Feartech

Enable all of them or just try out different combinations?

@Feartech

You are amazing! Used the old layout-id and enabled all the suggested fixes and audio is now working 100%!
Thank you very very very much! :)

@Feartech

Sadly this bug occurred again today. Yesterday everything was perfect and I listened to music for hours and now I just wanted to try it out of curiosity and it failed again...

Are there any other possible fixes for this? I've heard of the fact that all advanced 2018 Razer Blades have problems with sound, so this may not be fixable at all :/

Attached my PR-Files again, generated while having that problem.

Attachments

• debug_30475.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 123
@Feartech

Sadly this bug occurred again today. Yesterday everything was perfect and I listened to music for hours and now I just wanted to try it out of curiosity and it failed again...

Are there any other possible fixes for this? I've heard of the fact that all advanced 2018 Razer Blades have problems with sound, so this may not be fixable at all :/

Attached my PR-Files again, generated while having that problem.
you could try to enable:

Code:
<key>ResetHDA</key>
            <false/>

you may need to test various id's:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back