Contribute
Register

Can't find /System/Library/kernels/kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having the same problem "Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/Kernel" The drive has a RAID icon as well. Boots fine from the USB drive, just have the problem booting from the hard drive.

Hi guy... same problem.. on Yosemite

Boots fine from the USB drive, just have the problem booting from the hard drive...

i tried to boot in "-v" and I have :

loading Darwin 10.1
No Kernel Cache File '/System/library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/.87061B51' found
loading kernel / mach_kernel
can't find / mach_kernel
Press a key to continue

How can I modify my .plist (you can see it, attachment file) ?
Do I have some option to tick in multibeast?

You can see my boot option I ticked in multibeast, in the second attachment file.

Any idea to fix this problem?

Thanks

Attachments

• plist_2014-11-13.png
    plist_2014-11-13.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 849
  • Capture d’écran 2014-11-12 à 13.48.24.png
    Capture d’écran 2014-11-12 à 13.48.24.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 776
Hi guy... same problem.. on Yosemite

Boots fine from the USB drive, just have the problem booting from the hard drive...

i tried to boot in "-v" and I have :

loading Darwin 10.1
No Kernel Cache File '/System/library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/.87061B51' found
loading kernel / mach_kernel
can't find / mach_kernel
Press a key to continue

How can I modify my .plist (you can see it, attachment file) ?
Do I have some option to tick in multibeast?

You can see my boot option I ticked in multibeast, in the second attachment file.

Any idea to fix this problem?

Thanks
You need to install Chimera 4.0.1 to your hard drive to boot it.

I solved my problem with a new clean install...

here my new .plist :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

if it can help anyone!

Read you soon!

I was finally able to fix the RAID problem. I', using an SSD for the bootable drive and had to create 2 partitions to avoid the disk being labeled with the RAID icon. I made the 1st partition GUID and the 2nd a FAT partition. I was then able to boot without the "Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/Kernel" error. After getting everything up and running, I deleted the FAT partition and expanded the GUID partition to occupy the entire drive.

I'm not sure if it is important that the 2nd partition was FAT, but the trick worked well for me.

Same for me - any solutions?

I was finally able to fix the RAID problem. I', using an SSD for the bootable drive and had to create 2 partitions to avoid the disk being labeled with the RAID icon. I made the 1st partition GUID and the 2nd a FAT partition. I was then able to boot without the "Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/Kernel" error. After getting everything up and running, I deleted the FAT partition and expanded the GUID partition to occupy the entire drive.

I'm not sure if it is important that the 2nd partition was FAT, but the trick worked well for me.

Damn it. This didn't work for me. I've tried SO many things. So frustrated!

Deleted the Kernel references in the /Extra/org.blah.blah blah file. Created the second FAT partition. Tried all of this during the "upgrade" part of the install and it didn't work, so I figured the upgrade part was the problem, so I did a COMPLETE wipe of my system only to find out that the upgrade wasn't the problem.

Even using the latest MutliBeast (7.1.1), latest UniBeast. Now going to try the Clover thingy. WISH ME LUCK!

i got this situation back on nov/dec 2014. and last week, my yosemite disk had no response. :(
so i use the same unibeast method that mentioned in this forum yosemite desktop guide, but same thing still happen.
I got Raid in the icon during booting, and choosing the icon to continue yield "can't find /System/Library/kernels/kernel".
if you mount the yosemite disk (that identified as raid disk) from other osx installation, you will get interesting result when applying "diskutil list" command in terminal. (mine had maverick installed on my msata ssd)
i apply "diskutil cs revert /dev/xxx" with xxx is the disc where the yosemite is installed.
(in my case, the ssd had 2 partition, the common one that we found in normal installation with 1 partition defined, and the other one is corestorage type (cmiiw)).
the xxx is the corestorage type.

after that, restart and i got 1 additional icon for yosemite disk. Pick one, and give appropriate bootflags, then.. voila... got yosemite started. :)
btw, your miles may vary, be careful if you had other installation or data in the same disc. :D

for anyone had same config with mine, my bootflags for z77-ds3h+EVGA Nvidia 560Ti, was only -v graphicsenabler=yes PCIRootUID=0. and my yosemite is running flawlessly, even sleep works fine. *dancing*
without PCIRootUID=0, i got blankscreen and nvidia card wasn't mentioned during booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back