Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell OptiPlex 9020 AIO
CPU
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Hi,

I am using a Dell OptiPlex 9020 AIO and can't seem to find the perfect layout ID. My audio codec is an ALC280.

These are my findings, "supported" IDs are layout 3, 4, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 21

Testing, I find this
  1. Layout 3
    1. 1 "Internal Speaker" - Not Working
    2. 1 "Internal Microphone" - Good
  2. Layout 4
  3. Layout 13
    1. 2 Speakers (Line Out, Headphones) - Good/Not Working
    2. 2 Internal Microphones - Not Working
  4. Layout 15
    1. 1 "Internal Speakers" - Working

Basically, I seem to need some sort of Hybrid between Layout 15 and Layout 3/4 but not sure how do it.

Hi,

I am using a Dell OptiPlex 9020 AIO and can't seem to find the perfect layout ID. My audio codec is an ALC280.

These are my findings, "supported" IDs are layout 3, 4, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 21

Testing, I find this

1. Layout 3
  2. Layout 4
  3. Layout 13
    1. 2 Speakers (Line Out, Headphones) - Good/Not Working
  4. Layout 15
    1. 1 "Internal Speakers" - Working

Basically, I seem to need some sort of Hybrid between Layout 15 and Layout 3/4 but not sure how do it.
maybe you need to create your own:

@Feartech Thank you for posting this how-to link!

Neither local forum search nor googlez offered me this link. It's got precise details about creating a new layout.

I need a novel layout for a z590 board with Realtek ALC4080. This is a variant of venerable ALC1220, so I hope I can dump my pin config and compare with an existing 1220 layout to build my layout.

I already have all the support tools at hand, so should be able to get right to heart of matter. Will followup with a review of my experience.

I have another related issue that when I choose a specific layout with AppleALC, kernel_task wastes a lot of CPU time in audio-related code which badly hurts system performance. This goes away when I let AppleALC run a default layout: sound works but the audio config is incomplete. Hoping a true 4080 layout will resolve everything.

Is there a layout forum here? I looked under Post-Install > Audio but the topic didn't jump out at me.

@Feartech Thank you for posting this how-to link!

Neither local forum search nor googlez offered me this link. It's got precise details about creating a new layout.

I need a novel layout for a z590 board with Realtek ALC4080. This is a variant of venerable ALC1220, so I hope I can dump my pin config and compare with an existing 1220 layout to build my layout.

I already have all the support tools at hand, so should be able to get right to heart of matter. Will followup with a review of my experience.

I have another related issue that when I choose a specific layout with AppleALC, kernel_task wastes a lot of CPU time in audio-related code which badly hurts system performance. This goes away when I let AppleALC run a default layout: sound works but the audio config is incomplete. Hoping a true 4080 layout will resolve everything.

Is there a layout forum here? I looked under Post-Install > Audio but the topic didn't jump out at me.
I am not sure of an in-depth guide here, sorry!
Thank you so much, was looking for a guide like this. It's gonna be a very long process but looking forward to it!
I happened to come across it the other day and thought I would save it with my other links :)

Update, getting a beautiful kernel panic with my build. Will double check all values.

Attachments

• PXL_20220627_142224270.jpg
    PXL_20220627_142224270.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 78
Look carefully at the error message right above the stack trace for clues: there's something about a syntax error in kext plist and then not being able to find a driver for a device.

I've zero expertise in this code, but just wild hand-waving we could guess this could mean something like code got underway towards locating a driver expecting that one must be supplied, but then found none, which could indicate a glitch in device ID, or a config error that causes kernel to expect something about the HW that won't be found. If a plist error causes config parsing to die, then maybe config need never gets read and it gives up with a panic.

After some more changes I am sadly still getting a Kernel Panic! So strange. I test on a clean build of AppleALC with no issues so obviously my code somewhere is going weird but I can't see what i've done wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back