Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Im tryning to setup a new hackintosh, I got a Gigabyte H55M-USB3 core i3, I use a copy of Yosemite because I think it is more compatible with my old hardware. So, I can install and setup Yosemite, I ran multibeast and use the easybeast but when I restart my computer it loads chimera 4.0.1 and shows "cant find mach_kernel"press any key to continue, then shows the yosemite icon and when I hit enter it loads the apple logo screen and then I got some kind of lines of code showing an error then the computer get stuck. I can load Yosemite just fine using the usb created with unibeast (it uses clover). If anyone can help please give some advice. I can find some post of people with similar error, but I cant find an easy noob instruction guide to solve it. Thanks in advantage

This error is because with Yosemite Apple moved and renamed the kernel - it is no longer named mach_kernel and it no longer resides in root. It is now /System/Library/Kernels/kernel.

You probably still have the following in your org.chameleon.boot.plist in /Extra
<key>kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>

Remove this key, save the file and reboot.

Very noob question where or how I find the /extra folder. I just send a terminal instruction to see all hidden folders but I can't find it. Sorry ad thanks

Are you using Chimera/Chameleon as a boot loader or Clover?
If Chimera, /Extra folder should be in root.

My Yosemite usb setup uses clover but after the installation multibeast installs chimera. In my root there's no extra folder , even showing the hidden ones I didn't see it

Mount the efi partition. Later versions of Chimera place the boot files there.

You are talking in Chinese for me jaja, how I mount efi partition ??

Ok I run the app but when it mount the efi partition only shows efi/apple/extensions folders no extra folder or .plist file

This error is because with Yosemite Apple moved and renamed the kernel - it is no longer named mach_kernel and it no longer resides in root. It is now /System/Library/Kernels/kernel.

You probably still have the following in your org.chameleon.boot.plist in /Extra
<key>kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>

Remove this key, save the file and reboot.
Another noob question. How do I remove/edit this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back