Contribute
Register

cant find mach_kernel

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi Im tryning to setup a new hackintosh, I got a Gigabyte H55M-USB3 core i3, I use a copy of Yosemite because I think it is more compatible with my old hardware. So, I can install and setup Yosemite, I ran multibeast and use the easybeast but when I restart my computer it loads chimera 4.0.1 and shows "cant find mach_kernel"press any key to continue, then shows the yosemite icon and when I hit enter it loads the apple logo screen and then I got some kind of lines of code showing an error then the computer get stuck. I can load Yosemite just fine using the usb created with unibeast (it uses clover). If anyone can help please give some advice. I can find some post of people with similar error, but I cant find an easy noob instruction guide to solve it. Thanks in advantage

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7 Rev.1 BIOS F7
CPU
Intel Xeon W3670
Graphics
RX580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
This error is because with Yosemite Apple moved and renamed the kernel - it is no longer named mach_kernel and it no longer resides in root. It is now /System/Library/Kernels/kernel.

You probably still have the following in your org.chameleon.boot.plist in /Extra
<key>kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>

Remove this key, save the file and reboot.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Very noob question where or how I find the /extra folder. I just send a terminal instruction to see all hidden folders but I can't find it. Sorry ad thanks

Going Bald

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Xeon W3670
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
Are you using Chimera/Chameleon as a boot loader or Clover?
If Chimera, /Extra folder should be in root.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
My Yosemite usb setup uses clover but after the installation multibeast installs chimera. In my root there's no extra folder , even showing the hidden ones I didn't see it

Going Bald

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Xeon W3670
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mount the efi partition. Later versions of Chimera place the boot files there.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
You are talking in Chinese for me jaja, how I mount efi partition ??

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Ok I run the app but when it mount the efi partition only shows efi/apple/extensions folders no extra folder or .plist file

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD3r
CPU
i7-990x
Graphics
GTX 760
This error is because with Yosemite Apple moved and renamed the kernel - it is no longer named mach_kernel and it no longer resides in root. It is now /System/Library/Kernels/kernel.

You probably still have the following in your org.chameleon.boot.plist in /Extra
<key>kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>

Remove this key, save the file and reboot.
Another noob question. How do I remove/edit this?