Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
"Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel" on the installation step on el capitan installation.

-v -x -F -s didnt work.

i have yosemite currently installed in SSD(that i want to wipe when the installation actually starts after

i successfully boot from the usb).

Tried unplugging ssd and only connect to USB. When I clicked boot from USB, the screen blinked for a second and it came back to BIOS.

I had this same problem. It has something to do with the USB installer seeing OS X stuff on your SSD. I had to wipe the SSD from another machine, then the installer booted fine.

I tried unplugging my ssd and tried to boot from usb but it didnt work. is that different from wiping out ssd?

Hm, I'm not sure but I would think you should be able to boot into the USB even if you didn't have any drives plugged in at all.

Got the same problem.. Booted from the USB and when I choose boot to the USB Installer its just loading under the apple logo, and restarts.. :/

Tried wiping ssd. It didnt work. Now I cant access yosemite either.

Tried wiping ssd. It didnt work. Now I cant access yosemite either.
Oh god.. what's the problem now? Still the same error?

It has exactly the same problem when I tried booting on USB with SSD unplugged. It just blinks when I try to boot on USB. I cant access my back up HDD with yosemite on it as well. It just blinks and nothing happens

I am trying to do the same thing (created separate partition on SSD, will delete Yosemite after Capitan installs). Getting the same error -- sorry to hear you lost your Yosemite partition, but I'm glad to know that it wouldn't fix things.

Please keep this thread updated if you find a fix!!

Okay. I dont know if this will work for you guys but i got into clover uefi at least.

I just downloaded HPUSBDISK and formatted my USB. I was able to get into clover uefi, but now,

when I try to boot into installer, the computer reboots after loading for awhile at the apple logo load

screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back