Can't figure out how to get Creative Sound Core 3D chip working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
With Toleda's help, got displayport audio working - still no keyboard controls over volume, etc. but that part is still working. My Gigabyte Gaming 7 lists the Creative Sound Core 3D chip as it's audio system.

So my noob question is how to go about implementing it so I can run audio through my logitech speakers rather than through the monitor.

Have to admit, so far my Hackintosh build/software install has been comprehensible...I get why stuff works or doesn't. Audio (and all the associated terminology...SSDT, DSDT, etc.) is still a foreign language to me...still very confused.

So - can anybody help this 50 year old noob?

I've just ordered the same board. Do you know how to install the sound and ethernet? Is it via Multi beast or manually?

Many thanks in advance! :)

I've just ordered the same board. Do you know how to install the sound and ethernet? Is it via Multi beast or manually?

Many thanks in advance! :)

Used multibeast for Ethernet. Am out of town right now but will double check which setting when I return. I don't remember which port I got working but stopped after one of the Ethernet ports was live-didn't see any reason to tempt fate.
For sound will have to check my notes when I get back-it's was NOT multibeast-had a few manual steps but got soond working through DisplayPort on my monitor-still working on sound via the motherboard. Toleda is the sound guru here-if you search for me you will see his instructions

Used multibeast for Ethernet. Am out of town right now but will double check which setting when I return. I don't remember which port I got working but stopped after one of the Ethernet ports was live-didn't see any reason to tempt fate.
For sound will have to check my notes when I get back-it's was NOT multibeast-had a few manual steps but got soond working through DisplayPort on my monitor-still working on sound via the motherboard. Toleda is the sound guru here-if you search for me you will see his instructions

Thanks for the reply and looking forward to finding out your setting for the Ethernet

Thanks for the reply and looking forward to finding out your setting for the Ethernet

Had to go back to my other posts to find the answer - here is the link and the answer!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ethernet-issues-with-killer-e2400.204348/#post-1383755

Note again - I didn't try to install drivers for BOTH ethernet ports - as soon as I did the above terminal command to correct permissions in the AtherosE2200Ethernet ethernet kexts, it worked like a charm! Just plug into one of the ports at a time to see which one is "live"...and you are good to go!

Hello! Sorry to resuscitate this thread, but having recently acquired this board, how is Thunderbolt working for you?
For me, it will happily connect and use a Blackmagic Mini Recorder for video capture, but not connect to a Thunderbolt sound card (Antelope Orion Studio). In both cases, nothing is showing up in the 'Thunderbolt' (or any other) section of System Report.
Have you had any luck with it?

Hello! Sorry to resuscitate this thread, but having recently acquired this board, how is Thunderbolt working for you?
For me, it will happily connect and use a Blackmagic Mini Recorder for video capture, but not connect to a Thunderbolt sound card (Antelope Orion Studio). In both cases, nothing is showing up in the 'Thunderbolt' (or any other) section of System Report.
Have you had any luck with it?

Sorry - but haven't tried any Thunderbolt stuff, so can't comment.

Hey Seeker143, any luck getting your audio up and running properly? I have a similar board (ga-z270x gaming 7) and have no audio output. I have a bunch of competing kexts in L/E, S/L/E and EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other. Not really sure what to do. Any advice?

Hey Seeker143, any luck getting your audio up and running properly? I have a similar board (ga-z270x gaming 7) and have no audio output. I have a bunch of competing kexts in L/E, S/L/E and EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other. Not really sure what to do. Any advice?

Actually - some simple advice. Getting audio working, for me anyway, was a huge exercise in frustration. DSDT and all the acronyms did nothing but confuse the heck out of me. Frankly, I still don't understand it, even on a basic level. Spoke to a buddy who is a consultant who could have, with tons of hours (and billing), gotten it figured out. But for $100, I bought (on his advice) an AudioQuest Dragonfly - it's a USB connected DAC - literally plug it in and connect your external audio. Done.

Doesn't give me 7:1 surround, so if that is your goal, you may still need to work with the folks here (like Toleda) to get motherboard surround audio working. But for simple stereo audio, the Dragonfly has worked like a charm for me.

That's a good suggestion. I guess if I don't find a way to get it working, I'll do that, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back