Contribute
Register

Can't enable graphics acceleration, UHD 630, i7-10870h (GIGABYTE AERO 15 OLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED XC
CPU
i7-10870H
Graphics
UHD 630 - RTX 3070
Hi,

I am trying to hackintosh my AERO 15 OLED XC but I have problems trying to make my UHD 630 work.

So, first of all, I have my laptop connected to an external monitor via usb-c to HDMI (I think this is the equivalent of DP to HDMI). I have tried all the framebuffers that appear in the manual of WhateverGreen for my type of CPU (Coffee Lake and Comet Lake) and I almost always get the same behavior.

Basically if I disable Intel Graphics acceleration with the arg "-igfxvesa" I can successfully boot into MacOS Big Sur and I get a duplicated signal in my two screens (internal and external, both are 4k). Output seems to be 4k 30FPS. On system information I see Intel UHD graphics 630 (31 MB).

But when I enable Intel Graphics acceleration things get more complicated. I don't have my BIOS unlocked, but I've dumped it, to confirm that my default DVMT preallocation value is 32 MB. So I think this explains that when I enable Graphics acceleration without adding the "framebuffer-stolenmem and framebuffer-fbmem" variables I always get kernel panics (like the ones on image 1.jpg). When I add these two variables with the values:

- framebuffer-stolenmem = <00003001>
- framebuffer-fbmem = <00009000>

the behaviour is different. Now I don't get kernel panics. If I unplug my external monitor, in my laptop screen I'm not able to boot into MacOS, but I'm getting stuck in what I think is the final part of the kernel initialization (image 2.jpg). (This happens with all the framebuffers that appear on WhateverGreen manual.)

On the other hand, with my external monitor connected, I'm able to bot into MacOS but only for a FEW SECONDS. I can finally see the login screen (output I think it is 2560x1440 60FPS) but ONLY in my external monitor. Internal screen is black. And after a few seconds the external screen always glitches (like image 3.jpg) and I can't do anything. These few seconds are just the time in which I'm able to login and see my system information, where it says that I have an Intel UHD graphics 630 (1536 MB). So graphics acceleration is enabled, but something fails because the screen glitches. This happens with almost all the framebuffers of WhateverGreen manual (on the other ones it does not even boot).

Could anyone help me figuring this out, please? I've been stucked in this situation for almost a week and I'm going crazy xd. Thanks :)

Attachments

• files.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 128
Hi,

I am trying to hackintosh my AERO 15 OLED XC but I have problems trying to make my UHD 630 work.

So, first of all, I have my laptop connected to an external monitor via usb-c to HDMI (I think this is the equivalent of DP to HDMI). I have tried all the framebuffers that appear in the manual of WhateverGreen for my type of CPU (Coffee Lake and Comet Lake) and I almost always get the same behavior.

Basically if I disable Intel Graphics acceleration with the arg "-igfxvesa" I can successfully boot into MacOS Big Sur and I get a duplicated signal in my two screens (internal and external, both are 4k). Output seems to be 4k 30FPS. On system information I see Intel UHD graphics 630 (31 MB).

But when I enable Intel Graphics acceleration things get more complicated. I don't have my BIOS unlocked, but I've dumped it, to confirm that my default DVMT preallocation value is 32 MB. So I think this explains that when I enable Graphics acceleration without adding the "framebuffer-stolenmem and framebuffer-fbmem" variables I always get kernel panics (like the ones on image 1.jpg). When I add these two variables with the values:

- framebuffer-stolenmem = <00003001>
- framebuffer-fbmem = <00009000>

the behaviour is different. Now I don't get kernel panics. If I unplug my external monitor, in my laptop screen I'm not able to boot into MacOS, but I'm getting stuck in what I think is the final part of the kernel initialization (image 2.jpg). (This happens with all the framebuffers that appear on WhateverGreen manual.)

On the other hand, with my external monitor connected, I'm able to bot into MacOS but only for a FEW SECONDS. I can finally see the login screen (output I think it is 2560x1440 60FPS) but ONLY in my external monitor. Internal screen is black. And after a few seconds the external screen always glitches (like image 3.jpg) and I can't do anything. These few seconds are just the time in which I'm able to login and see my system information, where it says that I have an Intel UHD graphics 630 (1536 MB). So graphics acceleration is enabled, but something fails because the screen glitches. This happens with almost all the framebuffers of WhateverGreen manual (on the other ones it does not even boot).

Could anyone help me figuring this out, please? I've been stucked in this situation for almost a week and I'm going crazy xd. Thanks :)
your config.plist is a bit all over the place, follow the guide in my signature

Try,
AAPL,ig-platform-id 09009B3E
dpcd-max-link-rate 1E000000
enable-cdclk-frequency-fix 01000000
enable-dpcd-max-link-rate-fix 01000000
enable-max-pixel-clock-override 01000000

And nvram boot flag igfxfw=2 and del -igfxvesa
and in SMBios set MacBookPro16,3

Have you started these devices?
- Trackpad
- FN-keys