Contribute
Register

Can't enable CUDA in Adobe apps. GPU not working 100%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Windows 7, OS X 10.9 Dual-Boot
CPU
Core i7 3770
Graphics
nVidia GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
560 Ti: CUDA not working. GPU not working 100%?

Hello.
I've recently installed Unibeast 1.5.3 (Mac OS X 10.8 ML) on my custom built computer.
I just plugged the USB, installed OS X on a partitioned Hard Drive (MBR), booted using the USB, worked smoothly. Just installed Audio, Network (Was already working), OpenCL Patch, Legacy USB, FakeSMC, DSDT-Free installation using Multibeast.
2qL5h.png

After that, I noticed that my computer wouldn't boot without the USB drive. It gives me a black screen with "boot0:done" on it, nothing else.

Another problem I noticed is that it seems that my GPU (GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024mb) isn't working at its fullest.
First, some of the OSX animation seems choppy sometimes and the computer feels slow.
Secondly, I think my GPU supports OpenGL 4.1, but here in Mac OS X, it shows that its version is 2.1.
Thirdly, the Adobe applications tell me that my GPU doesn't have CUDA when I try to do enable GPU acceleration in After Effects and Premiere using guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8nUuHzxv-U.

I already tried updating to 10.8.2 (which made the computer slower somehow), updating the Adobe apps, installing the Nvidia drivers, the Nvidia CUDA Drivers, and did this too: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35148. Still the same.

Could someone please help me?

Here are some pictures:
2qPhq.png
2qLBi.png
2qLCq.png
2qLFm.png
2qLGJ.png

Computer Specs:
1500tb HDD Seagate Green 5200RPM
Intel Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz
Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024mb
16GB(2x8GB) 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
ASUS P8B75-V

Installed some kind of OpenGL (not OpenCL) patcher, the system seems smoother now (OpenGL version is still 2.1), but the CUDA driver installation still fails. It shows up on the System Preferences, but is not recognized everywhere.

Anyone?

looks like your trying to use cuda in after effects there. I had add my GPU to the list in an adobe file. It's pretty simple just google CUDA for unsupported Nivida cards OSX and you should find what you need to do there.
Technically the 560 isn't supported in OSX in adobe for CUDA. Don't remember the list off hand, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. I'm probably wrong, but there isn't much that you can use with it anyway tho... If i'm correct, its just the 3-d ray trace. Not sure though. I messed around with it and it was easier just to use Maya honestly. I guess its all up to preference or situation but thats my take on it.

The problems your having with the card outside that I cant tell you. I have the gtx 570 and only installed the openCL in multi beast and thats it. THen downloaded the Nivida CUDA directly. There was a post recently with the newest versions. Screen Shot 2013-04-02 at 4.53.37 PM.png

looks like your trying to use cuda in after effects there. I had add my GPU to the list in an adobe file. It's pretty simple just google CUDA for unsupported Nivida cards OSX and you should find what you need to do there.
Technically the 560 isn't supported in OSX in adobe for CUDA. Don't remember the list off hand, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. I'm probably wrong, but there isn't much that you can use with it anyway tho... If i'm correct, its just the 3-d ray trace. Not sure though. I messed around with it and it was easier just to use Maya honestly. I guess its all up to preference or situation but thats my take on it.

The problems your having with the card outside that I cant tell you. I have the gtx 570 and only installed the openCL in multi beast and thats it. THen downloaded the Nivida CUDA directly. There was a post recently with the newest versions. View attachment 52010

Well, I did exactly that and it still doesn't show up in After Effects.

Actually, CUDA is not recognized anywhere on Mac OS X, it tells me my GPU doesn't have CUDA.

Maybe if I uninstall all Nvidia drivers, install a vanilla one and then apply the OpenCL patch, the CUDA driver might work. But how do I do that?

Nope :/

Still having these issues, I don't know how to fix it.

The hackintosh works perfectly, except for these issues and occasional crashes after one hour of use (Beach Ball of Death).

Hello.
I've recently installed Unibeast 1.5.3 (Mac OS X 10.8 ML) on my custom built computer.
I just plugged the USB, installed OS X on a partitioned Hard Drive (MBR)

There's your problem with not being able to boot from the hard drive without the Unibeast USB key. Mac OS X needs to be installed on a GPT partitioned hard drive, not MBR - you didn't follow the installation guide correctly.

As far as the graphics problems are concerned, I don't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back