Contribute
Register

Can't enable AHCI in motherboard to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
XPS Studio 8000
CPU
Intel i5 750
Graphics
HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an XPS Studio 8000 with a Dell Intel P55 motherboard.
I was following the guide to install Snow Leopard until I got to the change your BIOS part. I was able to set my CD/DVD Drive to First Priority and my ACPI to S3 (which was liek this from default). My problem here is that I couldn't change the SATA mode to AHCI, I can only change it to RAID.

I was going to use the experimental iBoot for 5xxx ATI graphics.

Should I try going with the install without changing these option?
How can I change it?

My system:

XPS Studio 8000
Intel Core i5-750
4GB RAM DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Intel P55 express-based motherboard. (Dell BIOS)
500GB SATA HDD (With my partition of WINDOWS 7 and a free partition for MAC OSX, NOT ACTIVE)
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N ATA Device

Help.

ezueckg,
Please don't double post.
Deleted your duplicate one under Buying Advice.

The Dell Studio 8000 xps models that have been successful have had the
Asus motherboards. The ones with the intel motherboards are a bust it seems. I have an Intel dP55M01 which has pitiful bios options. Including no way to choose AHCI.

However there is a bios update which more than likely will add more options for setting up the computer. AHCI option might show up as an addition. So far I haven't been able to update the bios. It's a no brainer in most models these days. Boo...intel.

Here's my motherboard model.

Attachments

• cpu.PNG
    cpu.PNG
    27.8 KB · Views: 244
stuggling with mine no bios options no bios update dont know if the motherboard supports it. There is another post which shows how to complete the install with an external usb drive on this forum. I was thinking new motherbord or maybe pci controller or trying to go fully raid (as the drives did turn up when a set it to RAID).

Good luck any helpful ideas welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back