Nvidia Geforce GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there :D

As the title suggests, I'm having trouble booting into Windows 10 from clover. I can do the F12 boot thing upon startup but honestly I'd rather boot using clover as its much less of a hassle. Anyways, here's what I did:

1) Installed El Capitan on clean and empty HDD #1
2) Did post installation stuff using unibeast and everything's working fine.
3) Created Windows 10 USB for UEFI only using RUFUS.
4) Installed W10 UEFI on clean and empty HDD #2. (It created its own couple o partitions including its EFI one)
5) Tried to boot using clover into Windows. FAILED. It saw a bunch of windows partitions with not many details, tried em all. Most of em just show a black screen with a blinking dash.
6) Went back to OSX and installed a bunch of ntfs drivers onto the clover efi partition using clover configurator.
7) Tried again and got the same thing but the one titled boot windows from windows efi menu starts to load windows but then crashes midway and then I get to the startup repair disk.

I know the problem is within clover since windows boots fine using f12, i just don't know what the problem is exactly.

Thanks in advance :D

Make sure to set your BIOS.

BIOS Features > Windows Features > Windows (8)
BIOS Features > CSM Support > Never

Alright ill give it a shot :)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi.197352/

Your problem would seem to be that you installed OSX and it created a UEFI/EFI boot partition and then you installed Windows, which created its own UEFI/EFI boot partition. It would seem that you have two boot loaders. The old Apple Boot Camp could handle it because all the drives' loaders were contained on one drive, the OSX drive. Clover now does the same thing. See the above guide.

Otherwise you would boot into the Windows Recovery disc, Advanced, Command Line,

bootrec /scanos
bootrec /rebuildBCD
bootrec /fixboot

Yeah theres 2 different efi parititons because each is on a separate hdd. The linked doesnt apply very mich i think. Would the command lines above work for separate hdds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back