Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1650, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,
I have successfully installed macOS High Sierra using Clover on my dell inspiron 5559. Now I am trying to install Windows 10, I have used rufus with GPT partition scheme for UEFI.
When I boot with USB, under UEFI there is no option to boot from USB. I can boot however using MBR.
I know this is hackintosh specific as it had happened before but I can’t find a solution.
Under UEFI there is an option to Add Boot Options but don’t know how to use it.

P.S. I had working dual boot setup on the laptop but I formatted the entire drive to start from scratch (so previous clover bootloader gets removed)
Please help me. I am now stuck with only macOS installed. Please guide me how to proceed with Windows installation.

Hey guys,
I have successfully installed macOS High Sierra using Clover on my dell inspiron 5559. Now I am trying to install Windows 10, I have used rufus with GPT partition scheme for UEFI.
When I boot with USB, under UEFI there is no option to boot from USB. I can boot however using MBR.
I know this is hackintosh specific as it had happened before but I can’t find a solution.
Under UEFI there is an option to Add Boot Options but don’t know how to use it.

P.S. I had working dual boot setup on the laptop but I formatted the entire drive to start from scratch (so previous clover bootloader gets removed)
Please help me. I am now stuck with only macOS installed. Please guide me how to proceed with Windows installation.

No need for Rufus. For UEFI install, you can create a FAT32 USB then copy the Win10 ISO image to the USB.

No need for Rufus. For UEFI install, you can create a FAT32 USB then copy the Win10 ISO image to the USB.
Ok I will try but the underline issue is USB not available under UEFI boot options. Will this fix?
Also you said copy Win10 iso. You mean that after mounting I should copy the contents of the iso and not the iso itself, right?

Ok I will try but the underline issue is USB not available under UEFI boot options. Will this fix?

Indicates your USB was created incorrectly.

Also you said copy Win10 iso. You mean that after mounting I should copy the contents of the iso and not the iso itself, right?

Correct.
Note also that Microsoft provides a tool that will create a Win10 installer USB (noob friendly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back