Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I did a Yosemite installation that works just fine. Then I installed Ubuntu on a new partition and now have a dual-boot Yosemite-Ubuntu machine.

The problem is that when I turn on the laptop it boots directly to Ubuntu and no Chimera menu shows at all.

However, I am able to boot into Yosemite using the Unibeast USB because I have priority booting into USB.

I want to be able to find de Chimera bootloader from start without usb.

Can anyone help?

I did a Yosemite installation that works just fine. Then I installed Ubuntu on a new partition and now have a dual-boot Yosemite-Ubuntu machine.

The problem is that when I turn on the laptop it boots directly to Ubuntu and no Chimera menu shows at all.

However, I am able to boot into Yosemite using the Unibeast USB because I have priority booting into USB.

I want to be able to find de Chimera bootloader from start without usb.

Can anyone help?

Technically you should post this in the laptop forum, but here are some questions that will be asked.
How is OS X and Ubuntu installed? Legacy or UEFI?
Did you install Grub on a GPT+ partition or did you create a hybrid GUID/MBR partition for Ubuntu?
How did you install Grub? to the HDD/SSD or to the root directory of Ubuntu partition or to /boot in the Ubuntu partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back