Contribute
Register

Can't download public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
What eventually worked for me was a recommendation by @Middleman to disable the XMP Profile in Bios. This allowed me then to download the update in System Preferences. I set mine to auto.

View attachment 523733
I changed XMP to auto, but still no luck.
Is it possible that my ID is blocked?

I changed XMP to auto, but still no luck.
Is it possible that my ID is blocked?
I doubt it. Try XMP disable or none and recheck prerequisites in post 1.

I doubt it. Try XMP disable or none and recheck prerequisites in post 1.
The only options for XMP (unless I'm looking in the wrong spot) is Auto or XMP. TPM is disabled, Gatekeeper is set to App Store and identified developers, SIP is enabled, and SecureBootModel is disabled.
XMP.png
TPM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 9.07.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 9.06.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 9.06.09 AM.png

I think it’s a mistake but in the uploaded image I can see SecureBootModel=Default.
Anyway, there are others possible options that can be hapenning in your case. Perhaps your error doesn’t have to do with secure boot.

I think it’s a mistake but in the uploaded image I can see SecureBootModel=Default.
Anyway, there are others possible options that can be hapenning in your case. Perhaps your error doesn’t have to do with secure boot.
I looked at that multiple times and didn't notice......
Either way, I changed it to Disabled and rebooted, but no luck.... update still shows 11.4
Someone on another forum suggested switching to Clover, but I don't want to try the beta bad enough to go through that lol

Either way, I changed it to Disabled and rebooted, but no luck.... update still shows 11.4
Someone on another forum suggested switching to Clover, but I don't want to try the beta bad enough to go through that lol
I believe that your problem does not seem related to secure boot and that you have to open a different thread posting that problem to receive help with more probability.

I also think that we are in a very immature beta and these behaviors may change in following versions.

Some users have managed to install Monterey Public Beta with Clover instead of OpenCore. I only use OpenCore so I can't help you. But you can try Clover to check.

Another thing maybe to try in BIOS is to turn of CSM, Fastboot. Also try and disable any kexts that you might not need . Once you boot up you can turn on those kexts 1 at a time. What error are you getting in Verbose mode? Post screenshots of your boot args also remove all device properties-you can add them back later on.

Have you enabled ProtectUEFIRegions? That's a requirement for booting on 390/Coffee Lake.
Also turn off BlacklistAppleUpdate under Misc.

Another thing maybe to try in bios is to turn of CSM, Fastboot. Also try and disable any kexts that you might not need . Once you boot up you can turn on those kexts 1 at a time. What error are you getting in Verbose mode? Post screenshots of your boot args also remove all device properties-you can add them back later on.
No errors, it just doesn't show as an available update.
Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 11.19.24 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back