i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Anyone else not able to download Monterey?

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 12.27.49 PM.png

Anyone else not able to download Monterey?...
These are the requirements that, at least on my system, have been necessary for the update to work:
  • TPM disabled in BIOS
  • SIP enabled (csr-active-config=00000000)
  • SecureBootModel=Disabled in config.plist
  • Gatekeeper enabled.
They can be reverted after install.

@suren6791
TPM
TPM stands for Trusted Platform Module, a technology designed to provide security features.
TPM is a chip designed to perform cryptographic operations that includes several physical security mechanisms that make it resistant to alterations.
It has specific security features to prevent malicious software from altering your system.
TPM is built in the CPU. If your computer has a processor from the last 6 years it is almost certain that it has a TPM.
In BIOS this option is usually in Advanced> Trusted computing or something similar. It can be seen as TPM enable or disable.
Last word in securing personal computers and servers has been the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) specification.
PTT
But Intel introduced a change, Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) architecture, which implements TPM in system firmware so computers with Intel PTT don't require a dedicated CPU. To your operating system, PTT looks and acts like TPM.
PTT is being deployed on low-power PCs, tablets and other devices that in the past could not bear the additional cost, complexity or other requirements demanded by hardware-based TPM.
So in BIOS you can have TPM or PTT, depending on the hardware manufacturer.

• TPM disabled in BIOS
  • Gatekeeper enabled.
So I double checked all of these. While I'm sure it would matter when it comes to installing and booting the OS, I wasn't holding out much hope that it would make any difference in actually downloading the beta.
My system profile is iMacPro1,1 which should be compatible with Monterey.
Software Update still shows I'm enrolled in the beta program, but that 11.4 is the most recent OS, no 11.5 or 12......
I tried using my Public Beta Access, and a developer profile utility and both show 11.4 is the most recent.

• TPM disabled in BIOS
  • Gatekeeper enabled.
So I double checked all of these. While I'm sure it would matter when it comes to installing and booting the OS, I wasn't holding out much hope that it would make any difference in actually downloading the beta.
My system profile is iMacPro1,1 which should be compatible with Monterey.
Software Update still shows I'm enrolled in the beta program, but that 11.4 is the most recent OS, no 11.5 or 12......
I tried using my Public Beta Access, and a developer profile utility and both show 11.4 is the most recent.
What eventually worked for me was a recommendation by @Middleman to disable the XMP Profile in Bios. This allowed me then to download the update in System Preferences. I set mine to auto.

1625464225776.png

@suren6791
I did not think about this option since I have XMP Profile disable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back