i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
While trying to fix the recent google bug, I've now realised I have a strange issue where I can't connect to any update servers, or really anything network related but yet I'm browsing the web and posting this thread. I'm a mac noob and I just wing setting up and maintaining my Hackintosh so who knows what I've done to cause this. Please help this puzzled fool

While trying to fix the recent google bug, I've now realised I have a strange issue where I can't connect to any update servers, or really anything network related but yet I'm browsing the web and posting this thread. I'm a mac noob and I just wing setting up and maintaining my Hackintosh so who knows what I've done to cause this. Please help this puzzled fool

Hi there.

I think there are a couple of checks needed just to eliminate common probems here.

1) Go to About This Mac / System Report / Ethernet and check the BSD setting. Should be "en0". Anything else, let us know.

2) Check you have a fully populated SMBIOS section in your config.plist. Serial numbers, UUIDs etc.

:)

Ethernet is en0, I use a wifi card though if that matters.

SMBIOS in Clover only has Product Name, Bios Version and Serial Number filled out. I've never loaded my config before so not sure if I'm doing that right, I just used the one from the clover folder on the EFI partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back