Motherboard
MicronSoft Surface Pro 4-109.3192.768 - OC 0.6.9
CPU
i5-6300U
Graphics
HD 520
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
so this is my second attempt at a hackintosh (catalina 15.7), and i followed the UniBeast guide on this site. I can only get to pick the macOS installer from the Clover bootloader, but it soon gets stuck at the apple logo. In Verbose Mode, it's stuck on "[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]". i spent the day googling the issue, and no fixes worked.

So the only thing i could think of is that CFG lock disabling is not possible in my accessible uefi, i tried using Uefitool and hacking with RU, but the option just doesn't seem to be there.
I enabled the relative patches on clover config.plist and nothing changed. I also remember that on my first attempt with clover, this same issue happened and i switched to opencore, using the AppleXCpmCfgLock and AppleCpuCpmCfgLock patches, and was able to get past this. (i decided to start over because of an unsupported-resolution problem i was facing with opencore).

Is there another way of disabling cfg lock, or am I doing something wrong with the patches in the config?
I attached my full EFI folder in case anyone wants to help :)
have a nice day

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    3.1 MB · Views: 111
so this is my second attempt at a hackintosh (catalina 15.7), and i followed the UniBeast guide on this site. I can only get to pick the macOS installer from the Clover bootloader, but it soon gets stuck at the apple logo. In Verbose Mode, it's stuck on "[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]". i spent the day googling the issue, and no fixes worked.

So the only thing i could think of is that CFG lock disabling is not possible in my accessible uefi, i tried using Uefitool and hacking with RU, but the option just doesn't seem to be there.
I enabled the relative patches on clover config.plist and nothing changed. I also remember that on my first attempt with clover, this same issue happened and i switched to opencore, using the AppleXCpmCfgLock and AppleCpuCpmCfgLock patches, and was able to get past this. (i decided to start over because of an unsupported-resolution problem i was facing with opencore).

Is there another way of disabling cfg lock, or am I doing something wrong with the patches in the config?
I attached my full EFI folder in case anyone wants to help :)
have a nice day
unibeast is for desktops, try the links in my signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back