Can't continue Maverick installation on a Asus laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus K45VJ Chipset HM76
CPU
Intel Core i7-3630QM Ivy Bridge-MB SV
Graphics
NVidia Geforce 635M (discrete) and Intel HD Graphics 4000 (integrated)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, I have an ASUS K45V (details attached) and I'm following the "UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC" article to install OS X on it.
At Step 4, item 4, I had to enter "-v PCIRootUID=1" at prompt boot and everything worked fine.
When I tried to perform Step 5, item 5, no matter what flag combination I tried, all the time the screen keeps black when i choose Maverick installation.

Any ideas about this issue? Is it something about the discrete GeForce 635m graphic card? I'm totally new on this kind of stuffs :D

Regards,
Gustavo

Attachments

• Laptop details.LOG
    119.8 KB · Views: 163
Hi guys, I have an ASUS K45V (details attached) and I'm following the "UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC" article to install OS X on it.
At Step 4, item 4, I had to enter "-v PCIRootUID=1" at prompt boot and everything worked fine.
When I tried to perform Step 5, item 5, no matter what flag combination I tried, all the time the screen keeps black when i choose Maverick installation.

Any ideas about this issue? Is it something about the discrete GeForce 635m graphic card? I'm totally new on this kind of stuffs :D

Regards,
Gustavo

You need to provide detailed specs on your laptop.

Hi, "Laptop details.LOG" file attached to the thread contains full laptop information.
Is that file available to you?

Hi, "Laptop details.LOG" file attached to the thread contains full laptop information.
Is that file available to you?

Key details should be entered into your profile.

You will need to disable the nvidia chip in BIOS if you can or remove the nvidia kexts from your install (GeForce*, NVDA*).

In addition, you should boot "IGPEnabler=No -x" until you figure out the proper IGPlatformID for your computer. Likely it is IGPlatform=01660003.

There's no way to disable Nvidia chip in Bios and can't find the nvidia kexts from the install USB...where is supposed they should be?

Thanks in advance
Gustavo

There's no way to disable Nvidia chip in Bios and can't find the nvidia kexts from the install USB...where is supposed they should be?

Thanks in advance
Gustavo

All system kexts are in /System/Library/Extensions. The nvidia ones start with GeForce*, NVDA*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back