Contribute
Register

Can't connect to iCloud or the App Store on 10.8.5. Help is much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel i5 2500
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 660 Ti (2GB)
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Windows Phone
I just installed OS X on a pretty solid build. I have no complaints for USB, audio, etc. etc.

Since I have a USB WiFi adapter, I had to install the vendor's drivers and use the "Wireless Network Utility" to connect to the web, as opposed to clicking on a (non-existent) WiFi icon and connecting. Other than that, everything is fine. All software connects to the net just fine. Still, I can't sign into the App Store or iCloud. Every time I try, I get an "unexpected error has occurred"...error.

I looked at several tutorials on the web, and they all consist of editing the Chameleon boot .plist, the Network Preferences .plist, and/or adding an Ethernet EFI(?) to them. I used software like EFIStudio and OSX86Tools, and followed all the instructions, but regardless of what I've done, I can't connect at all. This is becoming painfully annoying since I rely on iLife software and XCode.

TL;DR - My otherwise perfect Hackintosh is being hindered by the inability to connect to the App Store. I tried multiple things, but they didn't help. What do I do?

That was one of the videos I watched. I did exactly what he said, and nothing happens.

The fact that I have a USB WiFi adapter as opposed to a PCI card is making this different.

I had the same problem and after a couple of days I figured mine out. Not sure if everyone can do this but this worked for me.

I removed my WiFI card from my system. I re-installed Yosemite. After I got it up and running I checked the system in About My Mac. If you click on Ethernet controller the setting should read en0 not en1. I figured on my rig that removing the wifi card during the installation forced the install to default to en0 on the ethernet controller in system. I then shut the system off. I reinstalled the wifi card . I restarted the machine. I set up my wifi connection. Got on the internet and went to the Apps store signed in and everything was there. I downloaded my purchased apps and everything works perfectly. I love this new OS. Everything is working just like it was meant to work. Hope this helps some of you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back