Contribute
Register

Can't click on task bar (to click on utilities to partition) during installation (details inside):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Im having an odd problem which I can't find repeated at all on the net after searching.
During installation I get to the "Install OS X" screen. From what I've understood I need to partition my sad during this stage using Disk Utilities. The problem here is the fact that I can't click on the utilities tab (or any of the other tabs in the task bar, i.e.. the apple logo etc).
I can click on "Continue", "Back", and also the top right tab where you change keyboard layout.
I really have no idea what to do here...

My computer setup is:
-Intel i7 3930k
-Asus P9X79 (the standard one, not pro or deluxe or ws or anything)
-GTX 570 SLI (I dont care much if I can't use sli or whatever in osx. I haven't checked on this stuff yet)

The kernel flags and stuff that Ive used to boot is:
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-f npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>

And during boot I use the flags: "-v -x"

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

EDIT/SOLVED: Well...that problem was simply solved by disconnecting my other monitor...:)

Attachments

• DSC_0111.jpg
    DSC_0111.jpg
    821.3 KB · Views: 154
Hmm...Ive found that by pressing the windows button on my keyboard and Q (access "OS X Installer" tab) or L (access "Window" tab) I can access some of those tabs. Does anyone have any idea how what I might press to access "Utilities"?

I just faced the same issue but I noticed you can still have your second monitor set up. There are invisible buttons where the bar is supposed to be on that second monitor.

This thread just saved my day!!! I was going nuts not being able to click on it, so I spam clicked the other monitor and bam. ******HUG******** That's me giving you a virtual hug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back