Motherboard
P8H61 -M LX
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
XFX ATI Radeon 7970 3GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have succesfully installed High Sierra and any macOS before it, using ATI Radeon 6570

Now anything I try, shows my graphic card as it has 5mb vram, and only resolution I can choose is 1280x1024.

I tried using Clover Configurator, tried injecting ATI, but nothing helped. As I said, this card always worked.

What happened in Mojave, and how to solve this? I tried with System definitions iMac 14,2 and MacPro 6,1 but same happened.

If you need more info, I will provide it.

I have succesfully installed High Sierra and any macOS before it, using ATI Radeon 6570

Now anything I try, shows my graphic card as it has 5mb vram, and only resolution I can choose is 1280x1024.

I tried using Clover Configurator, tried injecting ATI, but nothing helped. As I said, this card always worked.

What happened in Mojave, and how to solve this? I tried with System definitions iMac 14,2 and MacPro 6,1 but same happened.

If you need more info, I will provide it.

Mojave only supports AMD 7xxx series and above. The older cards don’t support metal2.

I'm having issues but I did not see the guide on how to spoof ati drivers so I will try that tonight. I have seen other people with older ATI cards announce they were able to install Mac OS Mojave with little or no issues and did not mention any resolution issues so this is disturbing news to me - I wanted to run hackintosh with my existing hardware.

I'm having issues but I did not see the guide on how to spoof ati drivers so I will try that tonight. I have seen other people with older ATI cards announce they were able to install Mac OS Mojave with little or no issues and did not mention any resolution issues so this is disturbing news to me - I wanted to run hackintosh with my existing hardware.

Yes, using older kexts from Sierra or High Sierra may work. People have also hacked around the CPUs and have Core2duos running in Mojave.-

Last edited:
Well I am running Mojave on Celeron G2030 :) With no issues. The thing is, only resolution is what doesn't work. I am about to buy a new card (like ATI Radeon 7970). I guess that one will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back