1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm unable to boot OS X with Chimera 3. It kicks me out and reboots when I run with any combination of -x -s -v. I made a new Unibeast installer, but when I choose that from my mother boards boot settings, it just sits with a blinking underscore on the top right of the screen. I do have access to Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04 on this computer though. I could also mount my boot driver externally on my mac to fix/downgrade Chimera.

Oops, my flash drive was formatted incorrectly, I have now been able to downgrade to Chimera 2.2.1

I'm unable to boot OS X with Chimera 3. It kicks me out and reboots when I run with any combination of -x -s -v. I made a new Unibeast installer, but when I choose that from my mother boards boot settings, it just sits with a blinking underscore on the top right of the screen. I do have access to Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04 on this computer though. I could also mount my boot driver externally on my mac to fix/downgrade Chimera.
Why do you think it's Chimera when you are having issues booting from UniBeast?

Deleting the /Extra folder, and doing a clean install with Chimera 3.0.1 works, however there is no GUI and no org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Copying back the Themes folder and the plist that I had from Chimera 2.2.1 resulted in the same issue as before. I am currently slowly adding things back in and seeing what breaks Chimera 3.0.1.

I figured out what was breaking it. I was hiding and renaming partitions from org.chameleon.Boot.plist, and apparently one or both of these features doesn't work.

This is what I had in my plist (worked through Chimera 2.2.1):
Code:
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,2) hd(1,6)</string>
<key>Rename Partition</key>
<string>"SystemReserved" "Windows 8"; "Terra" "OS X"; hd(1,3) "Ubuntu"</string>

When I deleted these 4 lines from the plist, I can boot without and issue. The good news is that I can boot from Chimera 3.0.1, but I can no longer hide or rename partitions.

I figured out what was breaking it. I was hiding and renaming partitions from org.chameleon.Boot.plist, and apparently one or both of these features doesn't work.

This is what I had in my plist (worked through Chimera 2.2.1):
Code:
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,2) hd(1,6)</string>
<key>Rename Partition</key>
<string>"SystemReserved" "Windows 8"; "Terra" "OS X"; hd(1,3) "Ubuntu"</string>

When I deleted these 4 lines from the plist, I can boot without and issue. The good news is that I can boot from Chimera 3.0.1, but I can no longer hide or rename partitions.

Before seeing your post, I actually determined the same thing on my end and was commenting about it in the other thread. I hope there is still a way to rename the partitions. Hiding Partitions still works for me without issues just not the rename partitions...:banghead:

Having the same issue, removing the hide partition argument didn't help (don't have a rename partition argument in mine.)

I tried and removed every argument, still could not get it to get past the blinking underscore. Going back to the previous version for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back