CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
I was able to successfully install 10.10.3 on my system (see .sig) and in fact am running it right now. Everything including audio, network, graphics acceleration, USB, etc. works fine.

I boot the USB drive from the BIOS, and provide kext-dev-mode=1, PCIRootUID=1 and GraphicsEnabler=No to the kernel when selecting the boot drive in Chimera. It proceeds to load quickly and works well. The problem happens when I attempt to boot from Chameleon on my other drive (wait for the load screen and select the Yosemite boot drive) it reboots after loading the kexts and trying to init the graphics card for the GUI. Trying to force the BIOS to boot from my second HDD directly doesn't work; it always reverts to the main HDD when booting.

Here is my apple.boot.plist dict:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 GraphicsEnabler=No</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>

Here is my chameleon.boot.plist dict (yes, I know I have a couple of flags duplicated from the other plist):

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

I forced a new install of Chimera on the Yosemite boot drive too, just in case, and it made no difference. Am I causing problems by trying to select the boot drive from my main HDD using Chameleon?

I was able to successfully install 10.10.3 on my system (see .sig) and in fact am running it right now. Everything including audio, network, graphics acceleration, USB, etc. works fine.

I boot the USB drive from the BIOS, and provide kext-dev-mode=1, PCIRootUID=1 and GraphicsEnabler=No to the kernel when selecting the boot drive in Chimera. It proceeds to load quickly and works well. The problem happens when I attempt to boot from Chameleon on my other drive (wait for the load screen and select the Yosemite boot drive) it reboots after loading the kexts and trying to init the graphics card for the GUI. Trying to force the BIOS to boot from my second HDD directly doesn't work; it always reverts to the main HDD when booting.

Run Multibeast again and install FakeSMC and AppleACPIPlatform Rollback, if you don't already have them installed.

Already installed. :( In fact, the trace shows both kexts loading without errors.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the bootloader since it's pretty much the only thing different in the two procedures. I hate to tinker with my ML install, but I'm about to try installing Chimera on it just to see if the handoff between Chameleon and the 10.10 install is causing the problem.

Already installed. :( In fact, the trace shows both kexts loading without errors.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the bootloader since it's pretty much the only thing different in the two procedures. I hate to tinker with my ML install, but I'm about to try installing Chimera on it just to see if the handoff between Chameleon and the 10.10 install is causing the problem.

Discussions such as this are a little blue sky as we don't have any idea of how your system is configured.

You might want to provide us with a commented map by running a terminal session of "diskutil list". Copy the table and annotate it if the partition names don't provide OS information.

Good modding,
neil

disk1 is the Yosemite drive, disk2 is the ML drive.

/dev/disk1
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS Boris 499.2 GB disk1s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk1s3
/dev/disk2
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *400.1 GB disk2
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk2s1
2: Apple_HFS Ferrari 399.7 GB disk2s2

Status