Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Processor: I7-3770
Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77
Ram: 32GB
Video Card: GTX 670

ISSUE: I can not boot without -x onto the drive I have installed mavericks 10.9.0. Using my unibeast drive I also cannot boot without -x. This is my main issue, everything seems to run smooth once I get things to boot but I cannot get the drive to boot after mavericks installation without a KP. I have tried every different type of solution from MIEZE patched appleintelmanagment.kext to MULTIBEAST patched appleintelmanagment.kext.\ NULLpowermanagment.kext\NON-DSDT\EASYBEAST nothing has worked :I.
I have been working at this for almost 3 days straight now, I made one attempt at a post in the forums for help but no one even looked at my post. So I'm really hoping someone can help me out. I miss the chat system you had, I was able to come and get an answer with in seconds and never had to bother you for years. I have litterally tried every combination of things , is there anything I'm missing or doing wrong?

Is anyone gonna freaking help me? or should i just delete my tonymacx86 account since it seems like its good for nothing besides watching you all ignore people who need help.

Please chill. You can't expect help within one hour after your initial post. Most of this forums users also have other things to do and aren't sitting in front of their computers all day waiting to solve other peoples problems on tonymacx86. And if they do so, it's voluntarily and free of charge. So again, please lower your expectations and demands.

As I understand your system isn't booting up without any boot flag. Please give further details on how the booting process stops when booting normally. Is there a never ending spinning wheel, a white or black screen, a kernel panic and so on....? Also boot with -v boot flag in verbose mode to see at which process it stops.

As I also said in my thread you may try to copy exactly the mavericks install method described in my initial post. I believe you've done that yet, but since we basically have the same hardware and the method described work for me, you might give it another try from scratch. Unplug absolutely everything, that isn't imperatively needed for the installation process.

Stay cool and continue. You'll make it! :)

Please chill. You can't expect help within one hour after your initial post. Most of this forums users also have other things to do and aren't sitting in front of their computers all day waiting to solve other peoples problems on tonymacx86. And if they do so, it's voluntarily and free of charge. So again, please lower your expectations and demands.

As I understand your system isn't booting up without any boot flag. Please give further details on how the booting process stops when booting normally. Is there a never ending spinning wheel, a white or black screen, a kernel panic and so on....? Also boot with -v boot flag in verbose mode to see at which process it stops.

As I also said in my thread you may try to copy exactly the mavericks install method described in my initial post. I believe you've done that yet, but since we basically have the same hardware and the method described work for me, you might give it another try from scratch. Unplug absolutely everything, that isn't imperatively needed for the installation process.

Stay cool and continue. You'll make it! :)

Dear voster I apoligize I know I must sound like a jerk. I've just been frustrated and having bad luck. I will try your method of installation from scratch tonight. As I metioned the farthest I was able to get was booting -f and without -x I seem to be getting stuck at a variety of different things the first is powermanagment issue, I've tried to fix this bye doing the 10.81 roll back method and useing the 10.8.1 appleintelpowermanagment.kext buit just got me a mac os unknown eerror when booting and I had to format my usb unibeast drive to update the bios to 2104.cap. I have been installing with 32gb ram and wifi pcie card as well as my texas instument sound card should I be unplugging all my ram except for 4gb and unplugging everything even the wifif card?

Also voster I get a spinning wheel even though I use graphicsenabler=no and igpenabler=no any ideas?

Yeah, don't loose hope. I've been stuck myself and very frustrated. It only takes one little detail sometimes. The boot flag -x is safe mode, not all drivers are loaded, which would indicate you have a driver problem if that makes it load. Sound driver is the biggest culprit in my experience. I use a usb audio and have the motherboard sound turned off. It is hard to express how much grief this has saved me. The -f tells the machine to bypass the boot cache. The thing is that if you make changes, those changes may not be updated in the boot cache, so if your system boots fine with -f, then you likely have a boot cache that isn't updated. Personally I simply set the -f in my boot loader config so that any changes I make will take effect immediately. If you have a fast SSD, it's a meaningless feature to use anyway. If -f is the only boot flag, just put it in your boot loader config and you are done.

Big thanks to everyone for the help and support, I am not a novice to hackintosh which is the source of my frustration, I feel as if I should know better by now but with both of the info you have givien me I feel confident I will be able to get things up and running. Btw if I the boot cache is out odate how do I update it so as to not have to use any boot flags this is my final goal.

If you have to use -f (or the UseKernelCache=No) boot flag at every startup, it seems that one or more of your kexts are not installed properly. The first thing I would do here is repair permissions in disc utility. That could do it already. The second thing would be to reinstall the additional kexts again using multibeast and repair permissions and then reboot.

The kernel cache (or kexts cache in the past) should be updated after a stable boot with -f or UseKernelCache=No. As Shiitaki said it wouldn't matter that much using the -f boot flag all the time, since an SSD boots fast enough even without using the kernel cache option. You could edit your boot.plist accordingly and have a beer.

Unplugging everything that isn't imperatively needed narrows down the sources for trouble. Unplugging the RAM wouldn't be the first thing I would do, but after days of work I would do that as well. Obvious would be to unplug all external USB devices except keyboard and mouse, usb sound devices, pci sound cards and even your nvidia card ins't needed, since you could use the intel onboard graphics. When using the nvidia card use GraphicsEnabler=No, when using Intel onboard use GraphicsEnabler=Yes.
I once worked 3 days at a boot problem and it turned out that the firmware of an additional Western Digital data HDD I had also plugged in the system prevented the whole machine from booting. After unplugging it and later updating the firmware it worked. So you never know.

Another trick to narrow down sources for trouble is to not install every kext that multibeast offers. You don't need USB3 support or FakeSMCs at first boot for instance.

Everything could be the source for your problem here, but I think, that the most obvious one would be your power management. Be sure to set Multibeast to delete the nullpcpowermanagement and install the appleintelpowermanagement.

vosteri would first like to start off by saying thank you for your reply I have actually been at it all night and I just tried yoru method im about to find out whether or not it worked, I removed everything from the mother board except 4gb ram and the dvd burner, I always repair disk permissions. and also it was giving me a iobluetooth error at boot that hasn't happened yet but it seemed to be the only thing stopping me from a clear run

im also one of the unlucky few who got the sabertooth with the onboard graphicsthat don't work :I YOLO #GTX60 seems to be working fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back