Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Spectre x360 15"
CPU
I7 8550U
Graphics
UHD620 + MX150
Hello, this is my first post on the forum and i'm new to hackintoshing, so notice me if something is wrong with this thread.

I'm trying to install High Sierra on my computer :
- HP Spectre 15"
- processor I7 8550U
- SSD 512go
- 16gb RAM
- Graphic card UHD620 + discrete MX150

I've been successfully installing High Sierra on my computer with clover using rehabman's guide, and I am able to boot no problem from the usb stick.
The MX150 is not compatible but the UHD620 and the RAM are working correctly.
When I try to boot directly from the SSD, the clover screens displays correctly, but then after selecting my disk, it get stucks at "end randomseed +++++"

I think the problem might come from the fact that the disk is an SSD, but i don't know exactly where to look for a solution.

What I tried :
- replace my ssd EFI with Clover EFI from the USB stick.
- try the preloader.efi solution
- desactivate the discrete GC with this tutorial (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/)

Thank you for your help :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 77
I finally succeeded less than one hour after the initial post, as usual.

I wasn't using the preloader correctly.
If you have this problem, what you want is :

1. rename /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi as loader.efi
2. copy paste PreLoader.efi in /EFI/BOOT/ and rename it as BOOTX64.efi
3. reboot ! instead of the HP logo, you will have "secure boot disabled" on booting.

I don't know why everywhere it is specified that you have to have to put the preloader into the /EFI/CLOVER but this will not work.

The thing is that PreLoader.efi must be the FIRST efi file to load, and by default, my bios loads /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back