Contribute
Register

Can't boot without the USB Installer..(Clover newbie here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Hi guys well my hack was working great on Yosemite/Chimera today I updated to El Capitan and it went great. However I can't boot with out the USB. Clover loads, but as soon as I choose my OS X partition it goes straight to a black screen, if I choose one of my windows partitions it goes to a black screen with a cursor.

If I boot with Clover on the USB installer it boots correctly..

To update I followed this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...y-supported-intel-based-pc.html#install_elcap

This is on my Hackpro build, any help guys.

Btw: my install was for legacy mode.

Thanks.

Well from the Big List I did this..

How to Copy USB EFI contents to System Drive EFI

1. If you can only boot from USB installer and not the system drive, boot from the USB installer to the desktop
  2. Mount both EFI partitions. Tools such as EFI Mounter v3 don't always like mounting two EFI partitions at once, so try terminal commands like this: Code:
    Code:
    mkdir /Volumes/EFI && sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI
    mkdir /Volumes/USBEFI && sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/USBEFI
    (those IDs are for only one internal and one external drive; to identify the right disk IDs, run "diskutil list" and look for the EFI partition just before the one named for your system drive, or named for the USB drive)
  3. You should see both EFI partitions in Finder. The system drive EFI should have a hard drive icon and the USB EFI should have an external drive icon and an eject icon
  4. Go to the system drive EFI (hard drive icon) and delete everything inside EFI/CLOVER/
  5. Go to the USB drive EFI (external drive icon) and copy everything from inside EFI/CLOVER/ to the EFI/CLOVER/ directory of the system drive EFI (drag and drop in Finder or whatever)

And i'm having the same problem. So now my EFI/ClOVER on my hard drive is exactly the same as my USB but i still can't boot. If i boot on verbose mode it gets stuck on a lot of +++++++++ characters.

Anything else to try.. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back